How to Minimize Scars After Stitches Are Taken Out

I have a 2 inch long incision with stitches in right now that will be taken out in a week. (from moderate atypia) I have to have the same procedure on my hand that will probably be about 2 inches as well. (from severe atypia) I am wondering how to minimize scarring for both of these? Creams? Oils? I don't care how much it costs, I just don't want ugly scars. The procedures are bad enough. Any tips will help. Thank you.

Minimizing scars

+2

For young or fresh scars I find scar taping to be the cheapest and most reliable way to achieve a less noticeable scar.