Can I Minimize or Conceal the Appearance of Ripples from Saline Breast Implants?

5 years ago, I got saline breast implants under the muscle. I was thrilled with the results, but over the past few months, I've lost some weight and now the ripples are beginning to show. I can't stand the appearance, and another surgery to replace the implants is financially not an option at the moment. Until I save enough money to afford the surgery, is there anything I can do in the meantime to minimize the appearance of the ripples? Please help!

Rippling Noticed after Weight Loss

+1

Although rippling can be improved with silicone breast implants, fat grafting or a dermal matrix can improve this look.   Other than weight gain, there is not a reliable nonsurgical method to improve rippling.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Saline implants

+1

You can improve the appearance of rippling saline implants by switching to silicone implants, fat grafting, or an internal graft with material such as strattice. Unfortunately, there is not much else which helps.

Michael Horn, MD

Saline Implant Wrinkling

+1

I agree with Dr. Pousti that surgical treatment will give you the best result.  I believe all other treatments have inherent short comings that will ultimately not give you the consistent result of going to silicone implants beneath the muscle.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Implant rippling

+1

Surgical intervention is often the best option for dealing with rippling of implants.  The options of surgery can vary from less invasive to a revision procedure.  The least "invasive" procedure would be to perform fat grafting to the area of rippling.  This may improve the appearance and mask the area.  It is still surgery, but not quite as extensive as remove and replacing the implants.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Rippling of implants

+1

Rippling from implants happens when there is not enough tissue coverage over the implants.  Some choices to improve this are to exchange them for silicone, to place them under the muscle, to fat inject, or place an acellular dermal matrix.

Fat grafting to the breast for "ripples" is an excellent alternative and can be done in the office under local anesthesia

+1

One alternative for ripples with saline or silicone implants is fat grafting.  We have had excellent results with this and do this for patients under local anesthesia.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Concerns about Breast Implant Rippling after Weight Loss.

+1

Sorry to hear about the onset of rippling of breast implants you have experienced.  Unfortunately, with the exception of weight gain and surgical intervention, there is not much that can be done about rippling of breast implants.