What Can Be Done to Minimize Bruising After a Brow Lift?

What kinds of gel work well on bruising for lift procedures on the face, like brow lifts?

Minimizing bruising after brow lift

+1

To some extent some bruising is inevitable but here are some things:

• Avoid medications or supplements that can promote bleeding
  • Use local anesthetics with epinephrine that reduce bleeding
  • Maintain low blood pressure during and after surgery
  • Keep head elevated after surgery
  • Use ice packs to forehead and temples after surgery
  • Avoid bending and lifting after surgery

NMinimizing Bruising after Brow Lift Surgery

+1

Regardless of the operation, pre-operatively I give patients a list of medicines, vitamins, and foods to avoid because they can thin the blood and interfer with natural control of normal intra-operative bleeding. I do have patients take Vitamin C, Arnica, and a Medrol Dose Pack. Having said that, follow your surgeon's instructions.

+1

I have found a medrol dose pack and Arrnica 12-C oral as well as Arnica Gel to be the best at limiting post Brow Lift (and all plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures) swelling and bruising.  You should ask your Brow Lift surgeon for specific recommendations.

Browllifts after surgery to minimize bruising and swelling.

+1

Browllifts after surgery to minimize bruising and swelling are best treated with a Medrol Dosepak started at the day of surgery. I have used this for 35 years with brow and facelifts, etc.