Is Minimally Invasive Ptosis Surgery Common?

I have a slight ptosis, while in the same eye I have a pupil which dilates differently than my other eye (horner syndrome?). Perhaps that info would help you to give a better answer, but I've been doing research and it seems as though an ophthalmologist created a procedure dubed a: Minimally Invasive Levator Advancement (MILA). It is described in detail on google if you search that name. Do most ophthalmologist use this less invasive approach or do they do the more traditional invasive procedure

Oculoplastic surgeons are aware of this technique

+1

Yes. This technique has been introduced for more than a decade. Though, it is less invasive than its other levator advancement techniques, there are other less invasive techniques also available:

A surgery done through the underside of the eyelid called conjunctivomullerectomy [Putterman procedure]. This is also not a new technique, but has the added advantage of not needing an external skin incision at all. Not all patients are good candidates for this technique.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon