Minimal Results-Nose Still Big. Was I Ill-adivised by my Surgeon?

I think my surgeon should have done more. I do want to look natural but I wanted my nose corrected, overall. Not just a little. It's very dissapointing. I can't talk to my doctor because he has spent less the 10Min and does not care to discuss my results

Need more information

+2

Too many unknowns to give you an answer.  Post before and after photographs as well as some idea of how long it has been since your procedure.  

Water under the bridge

+2

Well, at least he did not make it too small. A large nose can always be made smaller, but it is very hard to make a small nose bigger.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Unhappy with rhinoplasty result

+1

If you are early in the post op period, you should give more time for swelling to resolve.  If a year has passed then I would seek another opinion for revision.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Minimal Results after Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to get a second opinion from another surgeon to discuss your dissatisfaction. Select a surgeon who does a lot of revision work; this is a true sub-specialty.

Minimal results from rhinoplasty-what to do.

+1

If you cannot discuss your results with your primary surgeon you should seek a revision rhinoplasty consultation from a very experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon. Noses can be further refined and still made to look natural.

Noses can be made smaller by rhinoplasty but sometimes its not enough

+1

There are many factors that determine how small a nose can be made after a single rhinoplasty. A lot has to do with the thickness of the skin and strength of the underlying cartilage and bone. An old saying in plastic surgery is: it's easier to do more, harder to do less. So, often noses can be made smaller.

Patient communication as well as understanding the limitations of surgery is also very important. If you are less than a year post op, noses continue to get smaller for a year or more.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD