Having Minimal Armpit Incision Arm Lift/ Lipo in 3 Wks Tone Now or After Arms Are Smaller?

I can probably create more muscle working feverishly with weights but is it better to tone after surgery as post surgery I'm putting more muscle into smaller arms?

Tone before or after Liposuction and Arm Lift

+1

Toning before or after liposuction and arm lift would be appropriate.  Lifelong maintenance of an exercise and eating regimen will preserve the results.

Tone Now or After Arms Are Smaller

+1

Take a walk.  In 3 weeks the only activity you will be allowed to do is walk.  Any exercise program you start now will have to take a back seat to recovery after your operation.  Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and good luck.

Bernard Kopchinski, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tone Now or After Arms Are Smaller

+1

It seems that any gain you might make in just three weeks will be lost during the six weeks or so that you will be asked not to do any upper body exertion, so use the time for general conditioning instead. Having slightly more muscle mass in you arms is not likely to change the operative planning anyway.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.