Mini Tummy Tuck Ok? (photo)

Hi i was wondering whether a mini tummy tuck would be ok for me? I haven't had children but i am planning to in the near future, i have loose skin from weight loss. As you can see from my photo my bellybutton looks like an upside down smile and i wanted this fixed in the process. The reason why i have opted for the mini instead of the full tuck is because i have keloid scarring and i would like children in the future. Thank you for any advice : )

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Mini tummy tuck

+1

Dear didi,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. Based on your pictures, in my opinion, you will not be happy with mini tummy. Your muscles and skin laxity are too significant to respond well to a mini tummy tuck. You will end up with an unattractive belly button and a  bulge above the belly button. A full tummy tuck will give you flat stomack from chest bone to pubic bone, narrow waist line and beautiful oval or round belly button. You can have children after tummy tuck and from your picture it looks like your scar is very nice. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgert.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck Ok

+1

I would suggest that you wait and have all the children you wish before considering a minitummy tuck. Pregnancy might undo most that was corrected in surgery. In your photo, you appear to have some loose skin above the belly botton. You may need a full tummy tuck to correct this. Laser liposuction may give some skin tightening here and improve the skin. If you are a true keloid former, you are at risk for developing a keloid with the long scar of the tuck. You might want to consider liposuction or laser-assited liposuction for now. The liposuction may address some of your issues for now, and give small scars.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck after pregnancy

+1

If you are planning to have children in the near future, I would recommend you to wait until after having your children before choosing a body contouring procedure. While a mini tummy tuck will provide pleasing results, pregnancy will often affect, if not reverse plastic surgery results since the mid-section will stretch with a baby’s growth. Body contouring procedures, especially tummy tuck surgery, is commonly performed after patients are finished having children.

Athens Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Given that you are planning on having children “in the near future”, I would suggest that you avoid any type of body contouring surgery at this time.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Mini Tummy Tuck Ok?

+1

A mini-TT will only be successful in the occasional patient whose problem is limited to the lower abdomen, and these are unusual to come by. Your muscle laxity extends above the navel, and there is excess skin in the upper abdomen (note the hooding over the navel) and therefore, the correct procedure for you will be a full TT.

All the best. 

Difficult to tell

+1

You need to be examined in order to tell which one of the tummy tucks you would qualify for.  The best thing to do in choosing your plastic surgeon is to have them show you photos of their work of similar patients to you.  When looking at the photos make sure they show you at least six views from each patient (standing front, quarter turn, profile view, back view, and sitting view from front and profile) and also that they show you a lot of each of the tummy tuck options.

Mini tummy tuck. Possible?

+1

Thank you for the photos.  while not being able to examine you.  I think that a full tummy tuck with muscle plication would be the better way to go.  This would address the skin and muscle laxity.  It would also address your belly button.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty

Both full or mini are possible.

+1

The mini-tuck uses your C secction scar to remove skin, and through this incision tighten the rectus muscles.   You have a long C- section scar and could do a mini-tuck.  The disadvantage of a mini-tuck is that the upper abdomen skin is not tighten and there are less stretch marks removed.    If your C-section scar is lengthened a little (3 cm on each side,) you would have a much better result with a full or modified tummy tuck.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Minitummy tuck

+1

A minitummy tuck will not take care of all of the loose skin but can be performed in a woman such as yourself who will be having children in the future.  You may want to consider a short scar tummy tuck, which has the same length scar but removes about twice as much skin and allows the belly button shape to be altered.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php