Is It Possible To Get Defined Abs If I Get Vaser Hi Def After Having A Mini Tummy Tuck?

I wanted to have Vasor Hi Def to help bring my six pack to the surface. I spoke to a plastic surgeon in London. Vasor Hi Def to the upper and lower abs, chest, arms, fat transfer to chest. However, he did say that I may be disappointed with the results since i may have lose skin. So the plan is to have a mini tummy tuck (another surgeon I met) followed by the vaser Hi Def as outlined above (in one extended procedure) to show abbs etc. Is this possible?

Vaser Hidef

+2

I've  perform many VASER Hidef procedures especially on men and in reviewing your pictures, I would recommend having the VASER Hidef procedure firts as I believe there will not be much of an issue with excess skin after the first 6 months. The dermal release component of the VASER Hidef procedure enables the skin to contract dramatically.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Def

+2

I recommend having the VASER Hi def performed first, then wait a few months (at least 3 months) to see how well your skin retracts and how happy you can be with your results.  This way, you AVOID the longer scar associated with a mini tummy tuck.  In my opinion you already have a good definition to your abs and your skin does not show much laxity, so why not try the VASER hi def only first, to avoid the permanent scar with a mini tummy tuck.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi-Def with or without abdominoplasty.

+1

After reviewing your photos I think you are a good candidate for VASER Hi-Def.  I would not perform a mini-abdominoplasty at this time.  Although you may have minimal amounts of loose skin, with the way Hi-Def is performed it would promote enough skin retraction to get a good result.  If for some reason you were not happy with the skin after 6-9 months then you could perform some sort of a skin tightening procedure but I do not recommend it at this time.  When performing VASER Hi-Def I release the skin superficially so that it promotes contraction of the skin to take the form and definition that was created during the surgery.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Vaser High Def on its own versus Vaser High Def and Mini Tummy tuck

+1

Looking at your photos you appear to be a good candidate for High Definition Vaser on its own. You are not obese and no skin folds as such.

Vaser liposuction and Vaser High Def will retract minor skin laxity due to the fact that Vaser probe heats up deeper layer of skin and promotes its contraction.

Mini abdominoplasty is normally required for people with residual skin overhanging like an apron following Vaser. As a rule these people would not be offered Vaser High Def on the first place but only Vaser to debulk fat and to achieve some skin retraction.

Try to see more Vaser surgeons in order to get your own idea what is the best option for you.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist