Mini Tummy Tuck with Umbilicoplasty

Okay, I want to know if it's possible to give me a mini tummy tuck w/ umbilicoplasty without touching my muscles??? I have one or two stretch marks nothing major and my c section scar doesn't look bad at all. I work-out 5 days a week and am very fit. I am looking to have the little bit of extra skin removed in the lower abdomen and if possible my belly button moved to fix the indent above it? I don't mind if the incision is larger than my c-section.

Mini tummy tuck with umbilicoplasty (belly button surgery)

+2

From looking at your photos, it appears that you are certainly a reasonable candidate for a mini tummy tuck. That would mobilize the tissues up to the umbilicus (belly button) and take out a small ellipse incorporating your old C section scar. Inferior muscle tightening is not necessary although commonly performed, and you will find that the inferior tension on the umbilicus will make it appear more taut. You do not need to have it re-positioned nor would be it be feasible. Some of the inferior stretch marks would be removed and the remaining ones would appear less noticeable.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

An exam by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will provide you with the information on this problem.  The umbilicoplasty will depend on what you want corrected, the presence or lack of an umbilical hernia, fat in the area, and quality of skin.  The mini TT incision is usually longer than contemporary incision lengths.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You may be  one of the the rare patients that would benefit from mini tummy tuck surgery. In general, in my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

Mini Tummy Tuck with Umbilicoplasty

+1

Yes, from  your photos, it appears you would be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck and the umbilicoplasty could be performed at the same time. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Mini-tummy tuck with belly button contouring

+1

It appears as though you're an exellent candidate for a mini-tummy tuck with contouring of your umbilicus.  Your muscles won't need to be tightened with this procedure.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS