Surgeon Said Swelling For Up To A Year After Mini Tummy Tuck, But I've Had This Swelling/Hard Spot For 2 Weeks Now? (photo)

Went to my 4 month check up, i got a mini tummy tuck in December. The PS said he took alot of fat from my tummy and I will have swelling for about a year, I have a swelling or hard spot at the incession and he didn't think anything about it. Had it for 2 weeks and said my skin will not tighten up. Really not happy with that answer, he said before it would be flat, don't see that I am putting up 2 month pic and today pic. Please help!

Surgeon Said Swelling For Up To A Year After Mini Tummy Tuck, But I've Had This Swelling/Hard Spot For 2 Weeks Now?

+1

Posted photos show a late seroma formation, sorry. It need aspiration at the least. But from the photos I must ask why not a full TT? 

"Swelling" after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Assuming you are working with a well  experienced board-certified plastic surgeon he/she is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. However, based on your picture and description,  I am concerned that you may have a fluid accumulation below the skin (seroma); if so it needs to be drained.  I would suggest that you return to your plastic surgeon and ask for a repeat examination.  Sometimes an aspiration attempt will clarify the situation.

If still in doubt, a second opinion in person may be necessary to give you peace of mind.