Mini Tummy Tuck for Stretch Marks?

I developed stretch marks from just bellow my belly button and below after my first pregnancy my skin isn't that loose yet, however, I do have a bit of a pot belly and if I lie down a little skin sinks in my belly buton. Do you think a Mini tummy tuck will get rid of my stretch marks below my belly button, and how much skin is removed with this proceudre?

Mini tummy tuck and stretch marks

+1

A mini tummy tuck will not remove al ot of the stretch marks that you complain about. A full tummy tuck will remove most of the ones below the umbilicus.

How much stretch mark removal with tummy tuck depends on amount of skin resection

+1

A mini tummy tuck will only eliminate about half of the stretch marks from your belly button to your pubis. See the attached video in the link below to see the amounts of skin removed with these tummy tucks

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Mini tummy tuck works only if you look great above belly button.

+1

Hi.

Hard to tell without pictures, whether mini tummy tuck would be worthwhile for you. Only some of stretch marks are removed. Much better idea if you already have a c section scar.

Benefits of a Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on the information you provided, you sound like you would be a great candidate for a full (standard) tummy tuck procedure. Due to pregnancy, the rectus muscles have been stretched causing the "pot belly" look that you have described. In order to correct or improve that, a full tummy tuck would be needed. That would involve muscle repair and removal of loose, excess skin. An incision would be low and placed below the under wear line so it is hidden.

Many women come in for mommy makeovers to achieve flatter tummies, but there are not many who can benefit from just a "mini" tummy tuck. Mini tummy tucks involve less work below the belly button area only.

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi Carlipu88!

In my experience, most patients are not candidates for mini tummy tuck. Everyone likes the word "mini" in front of their proposed procedure, but oftentimes, their problems aren't "mini". Having said that, the indications for mini tummy tuck are:

1. Minimal to no separation in the rectus abdominal muscles (most post-partum women have this).

2. Minimal to no skin laxity above the level of the belly button.

3. Moderate skin laxity and/or stretch marks below the level of the belly button with or without moderate fatty deposits.

The patients that I have performed mini tummy tucks on have been relatively thin women with atheltic builds who have a small amount of skin laxity/stretch marks below their belly buttons. If a mini tummy tuck is performed in a patient who really needs a traditional tummy tuck, a poor postop result is almost guaranteed necessitating a revisional procedure.

My advice to you is to find a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. Don't be afraid to seek a second opinion, but if you keep hearing that you're not a candidate for a mini tummy tuck, then believe it since few women are! Good luck!

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Cant really say without seeing pics.  A mini tuck takes out minimal skin and will leave stretch marks behind if the marks extend up to the belly button.

You need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon or maybe if you post some pictures up here we would be able to comment better.

Good luck.