Can a Mini Tummy Tuck Stretch Back Out?

After a mini tummy tuck, Is it possible for the sutures to stay in place while the fascia around it stretches back out? I have heard that this can happen, and if so, why does this happen and what can be done about it? My recent mini tummy tuck stretched back out but my sutures are still in place but the surgeon doesnt really know what to do about it.

Mini tummy tuck

+1

Can the msucle stretch back out?  Well the bigger problem with mini's is that the upper abdomen is often not treated and so qute commonly a bulge happens above the belly button.

Mini tummy tuck results?

+1

I think you're asking if the  muscle plication  done can become undone- the answer is yes but not commonly.

Just a few words about mini tummy tuck surgery in general might be helpful. In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important for patients considering tummy tuck surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Mini Tummy tuck stretching out after surgery

+1

Yes it can, however unless you gain and lose a lot of weight or become pregnant this is unusual .

Michael L. Workman, MD