Mini Tummy Tuck or Smart Lipo?

I would like to get one of these procedures done. I'm 135 pounds 5"2. I mainly have a little pooch below belly button not huge. I have stretch marks above and below my belly button as well. Guess I want to know what a mini tummy tuck does and what smart lipo will do.

Mini Tummy Tuck or Smart Lipo?

+1

Pictures or an exam would allow comment on the appropriate procedure.  If there is a skin laxity issue, minitummy tuck or tummy tuck may be appropriate.  Liposuction may be indicated if the skin quality is adequate.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Difference between mini tummy tuck and smart liposuction

+1

Smart liposuction primarily removes the excess fat and the laser helps give skin tightening. It will take about 6 months before you will see the final results with the laser skin tightening. However, it is not a tummy tuck. The mini tummy tuck removes the excess fat, tightens the weaken and stretched out muscles, and removes the excess skin below the belly button. Both may improve the appearance of your stretch marks. I suggest you find a board certified plastic surgeon who does both smart liposuction and tummy tucks, and go for consultation. Tthe surgeon can examine you and tell you what would work best for you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon