Would a Mini Tummy Tuck Be Enough for Me?

I had Smart Lipo done to remove pockets of fat, as I didn't want to get a tummy tuck done yet because I am still young and do not know if I want more children or not. The looseness of my skin is still the same.

Mini tummy tuck

+1

If you are thinking of having more children, then you may want to consider waiting to have anything done.

Candidate for mini tummy tuck (photo)?

+1

The loose skin around your belly button would not be satisfactorily treated with a mini tummy tuck, in my opinion..

Lasr lipo not an alternative to a tummy tuck!

+1

The temptation is great to avoid the surgery and scar of a tummy tuck, and some take advantage of that by pitching laser lipo as an alternative. While there is some evidcence that it can tighten the skin a little, it is nowhere near anough to replace what the tummy tuck does. A mini tummy tuck will tighten the skin in the lower abdomen only. A plastic surgeon can tell you whether this is a good option for you, based on personally seeing you and evaluating your skin.

Richard Baxter, MD

You would be a great candidate for a mini tummy tuck!

+1

In our practice, we have treated many patients who have received a smart lipo that other facilities and are dissatisfied with the results. Patients should remember that the most important factor in getting a good result after liposuction to the abdomen is the quality of the overlying skin. Patients with poor quality scan or with stretch marks who receive a great deal amount of liposuction in this same area are bound to be disappointed by the resulting sagging. For these patients, a mini tummy tuck with a moderate amount of skin excision in the central abdomen is the perfect solution. A mini tummy tuck can also help even out areas of lumpiness that may have resulted from the liposuction as well.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Benefits of a Full Tummy Tuck

+1

I would definately recommend waiting till you are absolutely sure you are done having children before considering a tummy tuck procedure. Unfortunately, plastic surgery does not guarantee permanent results. Another pregnancy coud effect the muscles repaired and potentially damage the quality of your skin.

Based on the picture you provided, you seem like a great candidate for a full (standard) tummy tuck rather than just a mini. A full tummy tuck procedure involves more work which will giv you a better result. The rectus muscles stretched from pregnancy are repaired and tightened and the loose, excess skin and tissue is removed, leaving you with a flat and tight tummy. A mini tummy tuck only involves work below the belly button area.

Mini tummy tuck

+1

It appears you would benefit from a full tummy tuck due to the perceived looseness of skin and stretch marks of your lower abdomen. Waiting until you have had all your children is the best approach. Further liposuction of your abdomen will only worsen your skin tone and create an uneven contour.

William Bruno, MD

You need a tummy tuck!

+1

I wouldn't have expected LaserLipo to do much for you. You have stretch marks, loose skin and probably an umbilical hernia to boot! Just pointing out what I see -- don't beat yourself up! Those issues are best addressed with a tummy tuck - preferably a full tummy tuck to get more tightening in the upper abdomen as well as getting rid of as many stretch marks as possible. It is very wise to wait until you have had all of your children to proceed, but don't spend a lot of money on other things that won't make a difference. For now, focus on your family, your health, healthy eating and exercise. If your belly button hurts at all, get that checked out by your doctor. When you're ready, see a Plastic Surgeon (preferably an ASPS member surgeon) for your tummy tuck! Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon