Mini Tummy Tuck? Will Scar Show on String Bikini?

Hi I am 27 years old and I was wondering whether the mini tummy tuck will do the job? And whether i can wear a string bikini after the op. The reason for my decision is because i am planning on having children in the future. I am also going on holiday in August and i was wondering if i would be alright to be on the beach by then? Thank you very much ; )

Mini Tummy Tuck Scar

+1

It is difficult to give you accurate advice without an examination.  In general, we try to keep the incision as low as possible and as short as possible but it may not possible to tell you with 100% certainty that you will be able to wear a sting bikini in a couple of months.

Best to visit with well experienced plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation and best advice.

+1

Without a photo, it is not possible to answer the main question--whether a mini-TT is for you. Only an occasional patient is a proper candidate for a mini-TT. The problems must be limited to the lower abdomen, and that is rather unusual. 

As to hiding the incision under a string bikini, not likely. The chances of finding one that will exactly fit the line of the incision is quite slim. Even if you wear it for the marking, the incision will not necessarily remain exactly where it is placed at surgery. The incision should be hidden by a bikini with a bit more fabric. 

Minitummy Tuck and String Bikini

+1

The scar will almost always be a fine scar, but I think that a string bikini, if not glued to the skin or taped, would likely reveal the scar at some point during you activities.  The scar will continue to improve for at least one year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mini tummy tuck and bikini scar

+1

Depending on the type of procedure, it is usually possible to predict the exact location of your incision.

There are many options between mini tummy tucks and full tummy tucks as well especially if a minimally invasive option is suitable for the patient.  In such cases, the incision is hidden by a bikini.

Brent Moelleken, MD