Mini Tummy Tuck? Will Scar Show on String Bikini?

Hi I am 27 years old and I was wondering whether the mini tummy tuck will do the job? And whether i can wear a string bikini after the op. The reason for my decision is because i am planning on having children in the future. I am also going on holiday in August and i was wondering if i would be alright to be on the beach by then? Thank you very much ; )

Anchoring sutures

+1
Thank you for your post. It is not common for surgeons to anchor the lower incision to the fascia or covering of the abdominal muscles to keep the scar low, however, I do use this technique and agree with it. All the tension on the incision is from above, not below, and thus the scar tends to move toward the area of maximal tension (towards the ribs/bellybutton). This moves the scar higher than desired. I like to keep my scars very low, and feel that anchoring the scar helps accomplish this. The following photo is an example of this.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck Scar

+1

It is difficult to give you accurate advice without an examination.  In general, we try to keep the incision as low as possible and as short as possible but it may not possible to tell you with 100% certainty that you will be able to wear a sting bikini in a couple of months.

Best to visit with well experienced plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation and best advice.

+1

Without a photo, it is not possible to answer the main question--whether a mini-TT is for you. Only an occasional patient is a proper candidate for a mini-TT. The problems must be limited to the lower abdomen, and that is rather unusual. 

As to hiding the incision under a string bikini, not likely. The chances of finding one that will exactly fit the line of the incision is quite slim. Even if you wear it for the marking, the incision will not necessarily remain exactly where it is placed at surgery. The incision should be hidden by a bikini with a bit more fabric. 

Minitummy Tuck and String Bikini

+1

The scar will almost always be a fine scar, but I think that a string bikini, if not glued to the skin or taped, would likely reveal the scar at some point during you activities.  The scar will continue to improve for at least one year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mini tummy tuck and bikini scar

+1

Depending on the type of procedure, it is usually possible to predict the exact location of your incision.

There are many options between mini tummy tucks and full tummy tucks as well especially if a minimally invasive option is suitable for the patient.  In such cases, the incision is hidden by a bikini.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Mini tummy tuck

+1

Hi didi,

It is impossible to give you a worthwhile opinion without a picture . You also, do not disclose if you had children. It might be that all you need is liposuction ,which will make your recovery faster and will definitly allow you to wear a string bikini this summer. As far as mimi tummy tuck, the scar healing takes between 3 - 12 months for the scar to fade, so by August the scar might still be noticeble. In summery, submit your pictures - front and side, and my answer will be more relevant .

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon