Will a Mini Tummy Tuck Remove Loose Skin from Vagina Face?

Mini tummy tuck for pubic region

+2

Yes. A mini tummy-tuck will pull this skin and fat up. It willhelp if you tell your surgeon that you are concerned about this area so he can address It specifically.

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Removing extra skin from above the pubic area

+2

A mini tummy tuck can indeed remove extra skin from the pubic area.  Occasionally, special anchoring techniques are helpful in lifting the area as well.

While consulting for that procedure, you can see if you would also benefit from tightening of the fascia (deep layer) and liposuction, which are usually done at the same time and often through the same incision.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tummy Tuck Options

+1

If you have loose skin hanging over your vagina, you will most likely need a full tummy tuck.  Thank you for you question.    It is difficult to give accurate recommendation without an in office exam.  When I evaluate the abdomen, I assess:

1.  The amount of loose skin

2.  The volume of fatty tissue
3.  The degree of muscle laxity.

I evaluate this in each of 3 areas:
1.  Upper Abdomen

2.  Area around the Belly Button
3.  Lower Abdomen

MINI TUMMY TUCK: If a patient has loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity limited to the Lower Abdomen, then I recommend the mini tummy tuck.  In order to qualify for this, the patient must have good skin and muscle tone in their upper abdomen and area around the belly button.   I will frequently perform liposuction of these areas with my Mini Tummy Tuck to enhance the overall contour.

FULL TUMMY TUCK:  this is for patients who have loose skin and muscle laxity of the upper abdomen, belly button area, and lower abdomen.   This procedure tightens all 3 areas with a bikini line incision.   I often encorporate liposuction with my full tummy tuck as I feel it offers a superb end result.
EXTENDED TUMMY TUCK:  This works well for patients who have loose skin that extends over the hip bone into the flank area.   I will perform extensive liposuction and skin excision to the hip and flank area combined with full tummy tuck.

BODY LIFT/BELT LIPECTOMY:  this is essentially a 360 degree tummy tuck which involves removal of loose skin and fatty tissue of the lower back and buttocks, in addition to the extended tummy tuck.
I wish you a safe recovery and amazing result!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

A mini tuck will give a little pubic lift, but the labia will not be lifted a significant amount.  A full TT will provide more of a pubic lift.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Pubic Area?

+1

For many patients undergoing tummy tuck surgery the pubic area may be an area of concern. This area may be large ( prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated.  Therefore, I think it is important to address the pubic area when performing the tummy tuck surgery.

When planning the tummy tuck incision it is possible to keep the incision  low enough that it serves to “raise” the pubic area to some degree.  I like to plan this incision when patients are wearing the “cut” of swimming suit that they plan to wear after the surgery.

During the  tummy talk procedure the pubic area may then be “lifted” and/or defatted ( either directly or with liposuction) as  the specific patient's needs indicate.  Care is taken to avoid over thinning  the area since some coverage of the pubic area is important (for example for padding during intercourse).
Drains are often brought out through hair bearing areas.

You are very correct in that if the pubic area is not treated during the tummy tuck procedure it may be a source of  dissatisfaction afterwards. Revisionary surgery may be necessary to treat the area.

Effacing the mons with tummy tuck

+1

Many patients report "satisfying" results after tummy tuck as the mons pubis is elevated.  A mini tummy tuck can have the same effect but this depends on the vertical tension vector at the midline closure.  We've always noted that enhanced pleasure with intercourse is often a bonus for these patients and wondered if it was the new body shape, enhanced body image, or the physical effect of raising the clitoral hood that made such a difference.  I agree with Dr. Blinski, bring these topics up with your surgeon if they are relevant to your situation.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+1

I disagree. If you do not tell your chosen surgeon to "pull" up the pubic area than a mini TT will not improve that area. SPEAK up. your chosen doctor needs your input. 

Mini Tummy tuck to remove loose skin above the vagina

+1

A mini tummy tuck - mini abdominoplasty - can remove skin from above the vagina, also known as the supra pubic area.    If this same area is overly prominent it can also be tailored or treated with liposuction, to achieve an improved contour. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon