How Often is a Mini Tummy Tuck Performed After Liposuction?

Are there foods or other supplements that I can take, or daily exercises that I can perform so that I can naturally eliminate the sagging piece of skin after a liposuction?

Mini Tummy Tuck after Liposuction and healing

+1

Certain things can increase you skin laxity and should be avoided before, during, and after surgery such as smoking, drinking alcohol, and excessive sun exposure. An eating plan high in phytonutrients as in vegetables and fruits with plant based fats are always good for the skins integrity but may not be enough to just adhere to a clean diet during your post operative period only. Consider consulting an integrative practitioner for advice on an eating plan that is appropriate for you months before your procedure to maximize your healing potential. 

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after liposuction

+1

If you have loose skin after liposuction, then this indicates that you were a marginal candidate for the procedure and perhaps needed an abdominoplasty.  Nothing you can ingest will alleviate the problem.  It is impossible to comment meaningfully on whether a mini-tuck would offer an improvement without knowing the extent and location of the loose skin but, generally, a mini-tuck is beneficial for patients with skin looseness beneath the umbilicus.  If more is involved, then either a full abdominoplasty or modified abdominoplasty would be required.

Sagging skin of abdomen

+1

There areno supplements that I know of that can improve the elasticity of the skin after liposuction.

Mini Tummy Tuck after Liposuction?

+1

Unfortunately without direct examination or pictures it is not possible to give you good advice.

Generally speaking, in my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

A mini or full tummy tuck may be performed for skin quality problems such as waviness after liposuction or for removal of excess skin and fat. If you have had previous liposuction and your skin elasticity was not optimal then contour irregularities can result which can be improve by a tummy tuck procedure. I know of no medication that will improve your skin elasticity.

Lax skin following liposuction is not tightened by exercises or supplements

+1

Liposuction removes excess fat but does not tighten the skin though can slightly exacerbate the extent of skin laxity. If you have already had liposuction, I would recommend waiting at least 6 months for swelling to subside to determine the extent of laxity of the abdominal wall skin that you have. If needed, then a mini tummy tuck can then be considered. 

A board certified plastic surgeon can provide you with an assessment and rcommendations one way or another regarding your abdomen. Supplements including vitamins and exercises will not tighten loose skin

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Tummy tuck After Liposuction

+1

It takes 3-6 months to have all of the swelling disappear from liposuction.  The full extent of skin shrinkage may take a year.  If you are unhappy with the looseness of your skin after giving time for the result to settle you may find that a mini abdominoplasty or a full abdominoplasty may give you the contour that you would prefer.  Most liposuctions are not undertaken with the expectation that a tummy tuck is the next step. However,it is a reasonable approach if you did not get all that you would like from the smaller procedure, the liposuction.  Diet and exercise will not cause your skin to retract.

Web reference: http://maryleepetersmd.com

Smoothing sagging piece of skin after liposuction

+1

Like many things in life, skin quality and rebound elasticity are NOT equal. While liposuction results in some skin shrinkage in some patients, it removes the fat without affecting the skin in many others. The fact that you have loose skin SUGGESTS that you fall into the latter group and that surgical removal of the excess tummy skin (a modified mini tummy tuck form) may be needed to help you achieve a flatter tummy.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Looseness after liposuction

+1

Liposuction removes fat and we rely upon the scarring and retraction of the skin to tighten it up. However, if there is a lot of looseness, it will shrink only so far. The more looseness you start with the more you will likely have at the end of the healing process. The younger you are the better, and the fewer stretch marks the better. If there is excess skin then no exercise or nutritional changes is likely to improve the result. You probably need skin removal to take care of your looseness. A consultation with your plastic surgeo will help answer questions about your specific situation.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon