Would a Second Mini Tummy Tuck Help with Loose Skin on Upper Stomach?

I had a mini tummy tuck 8 years ago. My upper stomach has lose skin. There is a bump or bulge around my belly button. Can a 2nd mini tuck with releasing the belly button and moving it down be done? Would that tighen the skin above the belly button?

Loose skin after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Without examination it is difficult to give you accurate advice but most likely you will need a full tummy tuck to address the excess skin above the belly button area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Revision tummy tuck for loose skin in the upper stomach

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

In our Miami practice, we perform tummy tucks on patients of all shapes sizes, including patients who have previously received a tummy tuck. If the patient has lose skin in the upper abdomen, it may be possible to fix this with a revision tummy tuck. The surgeon must assess not only this can but the belly button and where the skin will be draped after the surgery. This can be a complicated and delicate procedure. For this reason, it is best that you only work with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has a great deal of experience in tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, and body contouring.

Full tummy tuck

+1

If you have loose skin above the umbilicus, a full tummy tuck would be best to treat that area as opposed to a revision of your mini.

A mini tummy tuck addresses loose skin below the belly button

+1
The laxity or loose skin above the belly button is not improved after mini tummy tuck. This is why you have persistant looseness after your first procedure. We have a saying in plastic surgery that if plan A Is unsuccessful make sure plan B is not equivalent to plan A. The mini tummy tuck did not correct the problem in your upper abdomen, a repeat of the same procedure is not likely to work any better. A full tummy tuck is probably the better procedure for yo
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Reverse abdominoplasty or Reverse tummy tuck to eliminate excess or lax upper abdominal skin above belly button

+1

A second FULL (and not a mini) tummy tuck may help to improve the skin redundancy. However a reverse tummy tuck or abdominoplasty where an incision is made below your breasts and the skin is pulled upwards is another alternative that may be more direct albeit it involves a scar than can be problematic or visible.

Second mini tummy tuck help with loose skin on upper stomach

+1

Without a photo hard to answer. I think you need a full skin only tummy tuck. But please seek 3 opinions from boarded surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Second mini tummy tuck

+1

It's too difficult to say without pictures and a physical examination, but my guess is that you would require a traditional tummy tuck at this point.