Swelling After Mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

I had a mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction 8 days ago and I am still very swollen.The pants I could wear before the surgery are too tight! How long until the majority of the swelling goes away?

Swelling after mini tummy tuck and liposuction

+3

Patients should anticipate a significant recovery process after a mini tummy tuck with liposuction. In the early stages of wound healing, patients should expect significant swelling throughout this area. Over time, the swelling will dissipate. Here are several things that you can do. Be sure that you wear your compression garment at all times during this procedure. In our practice we provide to our patients a very tight compression garment that applies pressure from the chest down beyond the hips. We also recommend our patients initiate an exercise regimen and start a balanced low-fat diet to help them maintain their new parents.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Mini tummy tuck at 8 days

+2

Yes, it is quite normal to be swollen eight days after a mini tummy tuck. Give it some time like 3-4 months to improve.

Prominent swelling after mini tummy tuck.

+2

Swelling after any tumy tuck can be very common for up to 3 weeks at a minimum. Discuss this with your surgeon to make sure it is not a seroma/hematoma.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Swelling after Mini-Tummy Tuck

+2

Swelling after a mini-abdominoplasty can last for several weeks. The mini-abdominoplasty consists of a lot of liposuction and smaller amount of skin excision. Liposuction leads to prolonged swelling and requires compression to help get the swelling to subside. Many patients in Naples, Florida cannot fit in their clothes after surgery for several weeks due to this swelling. A majority of the swelling goes down by 1 month, but can take up to 4 - 6 months for rest of the swelling to go away. Be patient!

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Gradually Goes Away

+2

I tell my patients that the swelling gets to mthe size you were before the surgery at about 10 days aftyer the surgery then rapidly decreases over the next 3 months. Be aware that with a tummy tuck the waist location usually changes so your clothes will fit differently. The new waist will also take 3-6 months to settle in. Just be patient and you will see results.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Following Combo Procedures

+1
The amount of swelling and the time necessary for it to fully subside varies from patient to patient and the magnitude of the procedure performed.Normally, in the course of a mini abdominoplasty the entire abdominal wall is treated with liposuction first.Following that, an incision is made in the lower abdomen, lifting the skin and fat layer off of the underlying muscle layer.This elevation is continued up to the bellybutton.At this point, the excess skin and fat are pulled downward and the excess is removed.Commonly, a suction drain is placed in this space and the skin is then closed.One would expect a longer period of swelling if more fat was removed during the course of the liposuction.Additionally, each patient has their own healing characteristics.In general however, one should expect approximately 80% of the swelling to subside within the first two to four weeks.The last 20% may take as long as four to six months.
Omaha Plastic Surgeon