Recommended Procedure to Improve Belly?

Should I get Tummy Tuck, Smart Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck? I am 20 years old with 2 kids and I want to know what would be best to improve my belly.

Best procedure to improve belly

+1

If your weight is stable and your are done having children, I would suggest liposuction of the hips and back with a full Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty).

The liposuction will give you much better definition of the buttocks and hips while the tummy tuck would flatten your tummy, bring muscles to the midline, narrow your waist and lift a sagging mons pubis.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Tummy Tuck for Loose Skin

+1

You do have some loose skin and full flanks. I would recommend a full tummy tuck and liposuction of the flank area.

Anything short of a full tummy tuck you would be unhappy with. Just make sure you are done with having kids as if you get pregnant again you will likely affect your nice results.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Abdominal improvement options

+1

Based on the one photo, I will say full tummy tuck. The reason is that you have laxity of the skin and deeper structures that extends above the navel, and suboptimal flanks.  Mini tummy tuck will not extend that far up, and Liposuction will not address the lax supporting structures or excess skin.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo?

+1

If you have completed child bearing and you are unhappy with the loose hanging abdominal skin and the stretch marks, then I would recommend a tummy tuck.

If you are done having children, no doubt tummy tuck is your best option

+1

Liposuction will not restore your abdominal anatomy.  As long as you are done having kids, a tummy tuck is the best option.  Otherwise, wait until you are done starting your family, and then have the tummy tuck-- if performed properly, it will giver you a wonderful result.

Good luck!

Dr. S

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty (not mini) and liposuction of the flanks

+1

Obviously it is not easy to say you need to do a particular procedure without first examining you. That said, given the one picture, and the fact that you have 2 children, it is likely that you have extra skin and fat, not just extra fat. The only way to really remove that much extra skin is with a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), not a mini. Liposuction is great at removing fat. Ultrasonic liposuction or even laser-assisted liposuction are able to provide for an added tightening of the skin. However, the amount of skin tightening you would require for a good improvement is not feasible with liposuction of any kind. You should add liposuction to your abdominoplasty procedure for best results. Good luck.

P.S. You should also see a good plastic surgeon for a consultation and they will give you a much better idea of what can/can't be done. That opinion is probably the most important one, not ours.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Abdominoplasty and Flank Liposuction

+1

You would get a great result with a full tummy tuck and in addition, liposuction on the sides. You have too much loose skin for liposuction only or just a mini tuck. You may even need the muscles sewn together as well.
Good luck

Kari L. Colen, MD

Tummy tucks are for this

+1

If you don't want any more kids a tummy tuck with a little flank liposuction should do the trick. You have plenty of extra skin and a lax tummy from the children. Nothing else will give a great result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Abdominoplasty

+1

Based on your pictures, you really should have an abdomioplasty - this would give you the best result. However, you have to weigh the result against the surgical time and need to make a large, but hidden, incision. Liposuction, by any method, will remove the fat, but you will still have loose skin. Smartlipo is great for moderate amounts of skin tightening, but you are beyond that. Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Are you planning any more kids?

+1

If you are planning no more kids in the near future, it appears you may benefit from a tummy tuck and some liposuction around the flanks. It is best to get a real consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area since photos can sometimes be deceiving. Having said that, the fact that you have had 2 children and the appearance of your belly in the photos suggests that a full tummy tuck would probably work best for you.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon