Is a Mini Tummy Tuck with Liposuction and a Breast Augmentation Right For Me? (photo)

looking into modeling and need to get rid of stretch marks I already have a scar from a c-section I am not flabby but I need my body to be back on point. I am done with kids and I'm ready. I want my breast to go from a 38c to a 44dd do you think thats too big?

Mommy makeover choice

+2

Just based on your photos it appears a breast lift of some type would be more appropriate. I think I would caution you to hold off on any implants until after a lift is well healed. The lift would give you a much more youthful look and once the natural breast volume is repositioned, you may find you're not interested in implants. As to the abdomen, if you lay down flat on your back and your upper abdomen sinks in lower than your ribs, a full abdominoplasty with muscle tightening would be a big benefit to you. If your tummy is higher than your ribs while reclining, there is too much intra-abdominal fat to yield good abdominoplasty results and you should consider weight loss until you achieve the sunken look. You cannot improve intrabdominal fat with liposuction or tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck with liposuction would not be a good choice and you would do far better with your money to wait until the above criteria are met. Then you will absolutely love the results. There are no shortcuts to good surgical results. You ae always far better off doing nothing than doing the wrong thing.

Tummy tuck and breast lift

+1

Thank you for your questions and including photographs. Based on pictures alone, I recommend you start with a tummy tuck and a breast lift. See a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation and recommendations. It is a good idea to seek more than one opinion and compare recommendations. Then you can choose what is best for you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

The Mommy Makeover-Breast Lift with Abdominoplasty

+1

Just based on your photos I would strongly suggest against augmentation. You should have a mastopexy (breast lift) and abdominoplasty (full tummy tuck). You may want to try to lose some weight first and once you are at a stable weight have the surgery to get the best results. The reason augmentation is not right for you is once your abdomen is flatter (which is the ultimate result of the abdominoplasty if done correctly), your breasts will appear much larger and the lift will increase their profile. Adding implants at the same time may leave with unsitely scarring due to your dark skin. With regard to your stretch marks, only the ones below your umbilicus (belly button) will be taken away and the rest will be moved down but still apparent. To minimize the complications of augmentation, you may return 6 months after the mastopexy and abdominoplasty to have a breast augmentation.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Is a Mini Tummy Tuck with Liposuction and a Breast Augmentation Right For Me?

+1

Based on your photos, it looks like you would benefit from (1) a breast lift, to lift your breasts into a more"youthful" position, (2) breast enlargement (to go up two cup sizes) and (3) a full tummy tuck.  I don't think that a mini-tummy tuck will address your concerns adequately.  And this may be a lot of surgery to do at once.  You may want to consider doing #1 and 3, and then coming back 6-12 months later and having implants inserted, if indicated at that time.  Of course, there are scars associate with these procedures, so make sure you do adequate research and then visit a few plastic surgeons so that you can get different perspectives on the choices, and the consequences.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1

You  may be a good candidate for a lift and a full tummy tuck. If you want larger breasts you will  need implants as well.  A tummy tuck will not be able to eliminate all the stretch marks on your abdomen, just the onesmainly  from the umbilicus down to the pubis.

Improving the appearance of breasts and abdomen

+1

Thanks for the photos which are very helpful. Based on them, nothing short of a full tummy tuck will provide you with a properly rejuvenated abdomen. Unfortunately, given the diffuse nature of your stretch marks, plenty stretch marks will remain.

Regarding your breasts, at minimum you would need a breast lift. Implants may very well be needed to provide you with the extra volume that you appear to desire though this may not be necessary after a full assessment and discussion. Note: the only way that you will be going from a 38 to a 44 is putting on a lot of weight which you probably don't want to do.

What you want, in essence, is a mommy makeover.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Options for Breasts and Abdomen

+1

Based only on your pictures, a tummy tick with liposuction would be a good option. As for your breasts, I would suggest a breast lift. Implants are likely to cause more drooping later. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest a breast augmentation and breast lifting operation. In your case, I believe you will be better off  doing these operations in two stages ( initial breast lifting followed by breast lifting  In the future).

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.

In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

I think you would do well with a full tummy tuck,  not mini tummy tuck, procedure. Generally, In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Breast surgery and abdominoplasty - mommy makeover

+1

I do not think you need any surgery on your breasts, lift or augmentation. Furthermore if you go from a c to a dd with implants you are asking for future problems and additional surgery due to the weight of large implants. Also augmentation with very large implants is almost guaranteed to make your breast stretchmarks worse.

You have stretchmarks above and below the belly button so it is impossible to remove them all with a tummy tuck. You are definitely a candidate for body contouring surgery of the abdomen but the best approach/procedure is not clearly evident from your posted photos. The best advice we could give you is do not let anyone talk you into more surgery than you need or would benefit from and stay away from surgeons who offer you more than can be delivered.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Mommy Makeover

+1

Takes for the photos.  You would benefit from a LipoAbdominoplasty with repair of the abdominal muscles.  Unfortunately it will not be possible to get rid of all your stretch marks.  A Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy would be needed to improve the appearance of the breasts.  I would consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon