Mini Tummy Tuck or Lipo? (photo)

I went for a consultation and was told that I needed a mini tummy tuck and it could be done through the c section scar. Unfortunately, after my c section I noticed that on my lower abdomen from the middle towards the right side, my abdomen looks dented in. It looks flat if I look at it from my left side and if I look at it from the right side it looks dented in. My question is, do I really need a mini tummy tuck or can lipo in that area.

Liposuction and Minitummy Tuck

+1

Liposuction and scar revision of the C-section scar or minitummy tuck will produce a nice result in you.  If the C-section scar did not concern you, liposuction alone would be appropriate.

A scar revision and/or mini tummy tuck (with possible liposuction) would work for you

+1

I fell that you biggest issue (through looking only at pictures) is the way that your scar has healed, causing problems with other portions of your lower abdomen. Removing this scar (scar revision), and possibly removing some additional skin under your belly button (mini-tummy tuck) would benefit you. You could consider some liposuction of your abdomen at the same time for blending. A mini-tummy tuck gives access to possibly tighten your abdominal muscles at the same time as well. Your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to help you decide what is best for you and your body. Good luck with your choice!

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction often complements Mini Tummy Tuck Results

+1

Although an exam would be necessary to render the best opinion, your photos suggests that you would do well with liposuction and a mini tummy tuck. The liposuction would reduce the fat of your mid and upper tummy and the mini tummy tuck would remove the redundant skin.

Mini Tummy Tuck procedure details:
Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall muscles and removes redundant skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only. The shortest scar technique leaves a scar at the pubic hair line. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients
‘Mini” tummy tucks can benefit patients who have a small amount of excess skin and fat or protruding of the lower abdomen. This operation may be done under local anesthesia with sedation, on an outpatient basis. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos, you could be a candidate for a full Tummy Tuck.  Liposuction may not be an option for you.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation to determine the best procedure for you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Mini tummy tuck or Lipo

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. Looking at your photos I see you have several options, lipo, mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck with lipo. The decision on what produre to do depends on what you want to achieve. If you deire minimal scarring and minimal down rime then lipo is your option. If you desire  more improvement then more surgery is needed. You have discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, look at before and after photos of lipo, mini tummy tuck and full tummy tuck and see which one you like most. Selecting the right procedure very important to achieve satisfactory results. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Mini tummy or lipo.

+1

Thanks for the photos and sharing - it looks like you have enough looseness and a skin flap. Liposuction can make this worse. See a plastic surgeon in your local are and consider that skin removal and perhaps mini tummy tuck. Good luck - Dr. Aldo. 

Aldo Guerra, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Which operation will help you achieve your goals will depend mainly on exactly what your goals are. For example, if your goal is to improve the contour and “indentation”, then  relatively simple skin excision/scar revision may be all that is necessary. If you feel that some degree of muscle “repair” is also indicated, then mini or full tummy tucks surgery will best meet your goals.

I would suggest that you select  your plastic surgeon carefully. Then, communicate your goals clearly standing in front of a full-length mirror.

Mini tummy tuck

+1

It appears from you photos that a mini tummy tuck would remove the extra skin you have which liposuction can not do. A little bit of lipo would remove  subcutaneous fat and give you an overall flatter result. I hope this helps, Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Both mini tummy tuck and lipo

+1

Many surgeons use liposuction as part of a mini tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck would get rid of the loose, overhanging lower abdominal skin you have while conservative liposuction could also re-contour your abdomen. 

If you had to choose only one over the other, you would get more benefit and a more noticeable improvement with a mini tummy tuck.  

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck or Lipo

+1

The overhanging skin is a clue to inadequate skin elasticity, and that pretty much means liposuction would make this look worse--with less structural support from the underlying fat, the skin will hang over the scar even more.

You can tell from the photo that the extra skin on the right extends beyond the scar by about an inch. Any TT scar will have to be about an inch longer to take care of that area, and it is worth the trade-off of a slightly longer scar.

Thanks and best wishes.