I Had a Mini Tummy Tuck As Well As Lipo 7 Months Ago, it Feels Hard Still and Swollen

My lower ab area feels tight with almost at times a pulling sensation. The lower ab area is also still hard and still tingling at times around the area. Also there is a small indentation above pubic area and incision (the same incision for the birth of my child was used - 12 years ago) Please let me know your thoughts Thank You

Mini tummy tuck results?

+1

What you are describing is  not uncommon after tummy tuck/ liposuction surgery. You will likely find that these findings/symptoms will improve over the course of several months/year.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

At 7 months, this is not common.  They may have been aggressive and did high volume removal.  If this is the case, then this is why you are still sore.  Wear a compression garment, and you will gradually improve.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Firmness after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

It is still early in your healing and your abdomen should soften and can improve for up to another year. Massage and sometimes ultrasound treatments can be beneficial to hasten this process.

Swelling after a tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patients who received this procedure should be aware of the significant recovery process afterwards. We inform patients that they can anticipate some bruising, swelling, firm areas, under even areas, and discomfort, especially just after the surgery. Over time, as the swelling subsides the abdominal wall will become less firm, the patient will become more comfortable and you will begin to see your final result. At seven months, you are in the late stage of healing. Although your abdominal wall should mostly be soft, in some patients persistent firmness may be present this much time out from their surgery. At this stage, your best bet is to let your plastic surgeon know your concerns so that they can thoroughly evaluate you and determine if this persistent swelling is just that or if it is a collection that may need to be addressed in a different manner.

Abdomen is still firm 7 months after tummy tuck

+1

It may take up to two years for your belly to feel normal and the skin to become supple after a mini tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Mini-tummy tuck results

+1

It is always beneficial to evaluate a patient in person, but it is not uncommon for patients to have some residual numbness and firmness even 7 or more months after surgery.

Mini Tummy Tuck and Tightness

+1

It sounds as if there may be adherent scar tissue causing some tightness and contour irregularities in the area of surgery.  It is difficult to tell exactly without photos and examination, however.   Your best bet would be followup with your original surgeon for further evaluation.