Safe to Get Mini Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and Butt Implants at Once?

I want a Butt Implants, Mini Tummy Tuck, and 2 to 3 inches off of each side of my waistline through Liposuction. Are these safe to get at once? The doctor that I'm interested in, said all 3 procedures can be performed, but I wanted 2nd opinions to make sure this was a SAFE procedure to do.

Don't do buttock implants and tummy tuck together

+2

I do all the procedures that you are thinking about. I do NOT recommend getting a tummy tuck (mini or regular) and buttock implants (or buttock fat injections) at the same time. You have to think about your recovery. You need to rest on your back with your midsection flexed to protect you tummy tuck. You need to stay off of your bottom to protect the implants as they heal. It is not possible to do both.

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, tummy tuck AND butt implants at one operation

+1

The key issue here will be the advice and experience of your surgeon. Discuss your surgeons approach. Typically they will advise you to lie side-to-side fetal position and getting out of bed on your hands and knees.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Combination surgery

+1

The combination of liposuction, Butt implant and mni tummy tuck is safe to combine provided you are in top health and your surgeon is an Experienced Plastic Surgeo , done in an Accredited facility.

if you have enough fat and excess tummy what not use that fat to enhance your buttock. it is a much better results and more natural and will not need a maintainance as the implants do

Liposuction, Mini Tummy Tuck, Buttock Implants safety

+1

Performing multiple surgeries at the same time is quite safe nowadays. Most people are concerned about the anesthesia but the medicines we use are very safe. If you think about it we often keep critically ill patients under anesthesia for days on end without untoward effects. So even though many surgeons don't go past 8 hours, I think it's safe as long as the appropriate precautions are make in terms of preventing pressure ulcers and blood clots.

The next issue is the liposuction. The maximum standard limit for liposuction is 5 liters of product removed. If you would like 2-3 inches PER SIDE removed I'm thinking that we're talking about a large amount of aspirate of the abdomen and flanks. This is the sticky point. Removal of this fat will require 5-6 liters of fluid infiltration. With this and the extended length of surgery, with the fluid that will be given intravenously, this could be concerning. What I mean is you must have an anesthesiologist that understands extended plastic surgery with significant liposuction.

Finally, I think this kind of surgery should be performed at a hospital. This is just in case you want to stay over night or you should stay over night for monitoring reasons.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring and safety

+1

Dear Tiff, you ask a very important question. Procedures can be combined safely. The type of procedure may preclude the combination but your doctor will know best. It is important to be able to mobilize/move after your surgery so that you do not develop stiffness, prolonged discomfort and increase the risk of blood clots if you are immobile.

You can have either a general anesthetic or a sedation-both are very safe.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Buttock Augmentation and Liposuction

+1

Doing all those procedure is reasonable and post operative recovery should not be too bad, but again everyone is different.

As far as butt implants go, I dont do them and dont recommend them as the complication rate is very high. I do buttock augmentation with fat transfer. This is basically termed brazilian butt lift. Liposuction is performed to contour your body and buttock area and then the fat is transfered to the gluteal region.

That is what I would recommend.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-butt-lift-buttock-augmentation-newport-beach.php

Is it safe to get Mini Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and Butt Implants at once?

+1

Yes, with several caveats.

As a rule, try to get an anesthesiologist who is familiar and proficient with IV sedation. The risks of general anesthesia go up with the length of the procedure.

As for the buttock implant, I'm not a big fan. I have done fat grafts to the buttocks for 5 years without any complications except for a small infection in one patient at the abdominal liposuction site. As for butt implants, I have fat grafted a patient around the edges of the implant to disguise its edges and make it less palpable, moved another set more to the center because the implants were pressing on a nerve, done a buttlift to fix the skin after some other surgeon placed implants that subsequently got infected, etc.

Think about it, you are constantly sitting on the implant. It takes a beating. I'm sure as the years go on we will see even more complications as mechanical failure increases with age of the implants.

Having said all this, you will be surprised at the changes in your figure!

See my blogpost below on the difference lipo to the love handles can make.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2009/03/08/liposuction-to-love-handles-good-results-vs-great-results/

Butt augmentation.

+1

Hi!

I don't do butt implants; there are too many problems.  You are better off with butt augmentation using your own fat.

You want liposuction anyway, so that's how the fat is harvested.

It's ok to do the procedures together.

Mutliple procedures

+1

I am not a big fan of the butt implants that are available in the US. They are too hard and not as soft and natural like the ones available outside the US.  But, if you decide to have all 3 procedures at once, it is probably OK as long as you are healthy and the surgical time is not too long.

Probably not safe to get these procedure at once

+1

I wouldn't recommend doing surgery on the front (tummy tuck) and the back (buttock implants) at the same time. The recuperation from either one will be diametrically different from the other.

For example, I ask tummy tuck patients to stand, walk, and sleep with a 45-degree bend at the waist. Those patients must sleep in a La-Z-Boy chair or with pillows to prop themselves up.

On the other hand, I require buttock implant patients to avoid sitting at all for 2 weeks! Buttock implant patients must lie flat on their tummies. How then would you sleep if you had both procedures?!

Break up the procedures into 2 sessions, and then you'll probably do well.

Good luck!

Ventura Plastic Surgeon