Is Mini Tummy Tuck Less Risky?

I'm going in for a mini tummy tuck in a few days. I'm 5'4, 112 pounds, and I want a less invasive surgery. Will a mini be less risky than that of a full tummy tuck and achieve good results? Are blood clots less likely? Also, I don't want my upper abdomen to bulge. Thanks!

Mini tummy tuck vs. Liposuction alone

+2

Just based on the photo you provided, you look like you are in great shape and do not need plastic surgery. However, to answer your question, a mini tummy tuck would definitely be less invasive than a full(standard) tummy tuck. I would suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon before deciding to proceed with surgery. However, with a mini tummy tuck, work below the belly button only is involved which may result in a bulge. If diet and exercise alone does not give you the results you are trying to achieve, then plastic surgery may be a good option for you. Good luck!

Is ANY Tummy Tuck REALLY Necessary?

+2

I agree with Dr. Placik. If the women in Memphis looked like you, I would surely be forced out of business.

Unless your examination is markedly different from this photograph, I must conclude that Plastic surgeons in Oregon are much "hungrier" than the rest of us - I see NO reason to do ANY tummy Tuck on you. You seem to have no skin laxity and I would even be ashamed to suggest you have a liposuction procedure much less a tummy tuck Mini or otherwise.

You cannot separate complications from surgery. The moment a surgery is performed, you are potentially subject to the complications attached to it. As such, we really need to think in terms of Benefits (not only to the surgeon but to YOU) and unavoidable risks.

In your case, I would take the money you are spending on surgery and use it for something much more useful.

Dr. P. Aldea

Mini tuck versus full abdominoplasty

+1
Mini-tuck is a less invasive and shorter procedure than the full abdominoplasty and, therefore, would be considered less lucky to produce surgical or anesthesia based complications. Without an examination, it is difficult to assess whether you would benefit from a mini-tuck as opposed to liposuction alone. This is certainly an issue to be discussed with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Mini or full tummy tuck

+1

From the single photos you look very good.  An exam in person may show me a different picture, but if you have just some fullness because oif subcutaneous fat, then I would probably stick with lipo.

Mini Tummy Tuck statistically less risky

+1

In statistical terms YES!. But the occurrence of any complication whether in a mini or full tummy tuck makes it a moot point. Please obtain a good informed consent. Regards.

Mini abdominoplasty

+1

You have good contours to your abdomen at present and I am surprised that even a mini tummy tuck has been advised. Of course, an examination could reveal loose skin that is not apparent in the photos. I would recommend only mild correction of the diastasis because overcorrection could produce the bulging of the upper abdomen that you have described.