Mini Tummy Tuck Done July 17, 2012 Should I Be Seeing Better Results? (photo)

I had a mini tummy tuck with contouring and lipo on July 17, 2012. I have posted photo's- first 2 before the TT, next 2 is 10 days after, the last 2 is 26 days after. Should I be seeing better results? The left side if my stomach sticks out futher than the right side. When I sit down there is still a little flab above my incision. I was given a binder to wear and I wear around the clock, I only take it off to shower. Is these resultsnormal at this point?

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos it appears that the best surgery for you would have been a full tummy tuck.

A Mini Tummy Tuck addresses the skin laxity below the belly button. But, this particular surgery will not smooth out loose skin above the belly button. With regard to the separation or diastasis between the rectus or "six pack" muscles, the mini tummy tuck approach will only tighten the muscles below the belly button, not the muscles above. With this surgery, one may have some residual fullness above the belly button if the rectus muscle separation is significant.
Your best results would have been obtained with a Full Tummy Tuck. It appears that you do have significant protuberance which is caused by rectus muscle diastasis. Your diastasis appears to run the entire length of your abdomen. The full tummy tuck does result in a scar around the belly button, as well as a long scar along the lower abdomen. But, the results of a full tummy tuck would have flattened and smoothed your entire abdomen.

Thank you for your question and photos.

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Mini Tummy Tuck Done July 17, 2012 Should I Be Seeing Better Results?

+1

Thanks for posting photos. Really help responding to your concerns. In my opinion based ONLY on the photos I believe the mini TT was a poor choice in your case. I would have recommend a full TT with a possible vertical component of the umbilicus area. 

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck will correct problems below the navel only. The preop photos illustrate abdominal wall laxity above the navel also, and it is not surprising that those are still present. As far as asymmetry, I can't see any on the photos attached, but this maight only be apparent on 45 degree angled views. 

When you are sitting, the abdominal tissue will buckle as the tissues are brought closer together. 

Be certain to discuss with your surgeon the areas of dissatisfaction at your next visit. Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. Best wishes. 

Hello

+1

In my opinion you would of had better results if you would of done a full tummy tuck. You still have skin that can be removed. Without seeing and examining you its hard to be more accurate.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS