Mini Tummy Tuck Incision Placement?

I am 5'2, 105 pounds, and in pretty good shape. I am considering a Mini Tummy Tuck. I think the underlying muscle is ok, it feels firm and I have very little remaining fat on my stomach. It looks firm and tight when I stand up straight but when I bend over, my stomach sags terribly. The skin on my lower abdomen has a very soft and loose feel to it. I am very self conscious of this, as I was in excellent shape prior to having my second child. My concern is that I don't want to wind up with a huge visible scar. Can the incision be placed low enough that it is mostly camoflauged in the line of pubic hair?

Mini tummy tuck incision placement

+2

Mini tummy tuck scars can be put where you want them.

Mini tummy tucks are a great option for women with some abdominal laxity in the lower part of the abdomen.  With mini tummy tucks, frequently the abdominal muscles are not addressed.  The skin which is removed is the lower skin, below the belly button.  There is no scar at the belly button.  As for where exactly the scar is placed, you have the ability with a mini to put it as high or low as you want it.  Usually you want to try to hide it under your bikini line. 

Length of the a mini tummy tuck incision can vary widely.  In general, the more skin you remove, the longer the scar gets.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Low Mini-Abdominoplasty Incision

+2

The mini-abdominoplasty incision can, indeed, be quite low.  In fact, patients can usually wear the lowest Brazilian cut jeans available, which hit a mere 7cm from the upper aspect of the vulvar commissure.  I usually place the incision at 5cm from the upper aspect of the vulvar commissure.  In addition, I remove the hair follicles superior to the incision line so that no pubic hair will be visible on the abdomen.  Thus, the incision is hidden by even the lowest "low-ride" jeans or shorts and no pubic hair is visible on the lower abdomen.  Another important point is to do liposuction on the mons pubis to achieve a flat abdominal contour above and below the incision.    

Mini tummy tuck incision

+1

All tummy tuck incisions should ideally be hidden by a two piece swimsuit.  Take a look at your plastic surgeons before and after photos and discuss your goals and desires.  There is no reason not to have a final incision that is at your pubic bone and well concealed by even the smallest of bikini bottoms.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Placement of incision for mini tummy tuck...

+1

Your surgeon would have to evaluate you to make sure you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  The results are best if you have only lower abdominal loose skin and your stomach muscles do not need to be tightened.  If this is the case then the incision is smaller than a full tummy tuck and is placed lower in the bikini area, therefore it would be less visible.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Mini surgery delivers Mini Results

+1

Remember these words. Mini surgery will give you mini results. Just from your description of yourself I can guarantee you that you will be unhappy with the results of a mini tummy tuck. If there is any skin laxity at all, the results of a mini, pale in comparison to a well executed Bikini Tummy Tuck. You will still have loose skin, and maybe a deformed belly button, with not such a mini scar. Only 1 to 2% of women really qualify for a mini tummy tuck.

The big problem is that nobody wants a long scar. Well, it is your choice, a great result , or a long scar. Many surgeons will sell you on the mini. Why??? Because that is exactly what you want to hear. So you schedule for your magic mini makeover, and guess what?? it didn't't deliver.

Educate yourself and don't let unethical surgeons sell you hope.

Mini tummy-tuck scar very low

+1

The big advantage of a mini tummy-tuck, is that the scar can go as low as you like.  The limitation is that you are not treating the skin above the navel.  As long as all the looseness is below the navel, it sounds like a good option to consider.

Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Tummy Tucks

+1

The scar for the Mini-tummy tuck goes as low as the beginning of your pubic hair and follows the natural crease of the loose skin.   Mini-tummy tuck procedures are for areas of tummy you want to have flatten and extra skin removed on a permanent basis and exercise does not help these areas.   Most often with my mini-tummy tucks I can repair the tummy muscle wall and maintain your belly button with no scar around your belly button.  At your consultation I examine your muscle wall and have you do a small sit-up crunch to determine if you need repair.  The repair of the abdominal wall helps maintain your tight skin and is necessary if your muscles are split.  All my patients are able to wear string bikinis and feel comfortable with their incisions.  I have you come the day before surgery and bring your swimwear and panties to have markings and put the scar wear you want it.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy for Lower Abdominal Laxity

+1

The mini tummy tummy can give maximum results. The key is doing it for the correct person. The scar is placed horizontally, just above the pubic region, and below the bikini line. This makes it easy to hide in clothing. Unlike a full tummy tuck, there is no scar around the belly button. 

A mini tummy tuck can tighten the skin and muscle below the belly button. It can remove excess fat in the lower abdomen, and it is frequently combined with liposuction to reduce fat on other areas of the flanks and abdomen. In general the recovery is easier and faster with a mini tummy tuck too.

So, what's the catch? The mini in mini tummy tuck means less is done. When less is needed the results are satisfying. When more is needed, the results can be underwhelming. A mini tummy tuck cannot tighten the muscle or skin above the belly button. If these areas need improvement, a full tummy tuck is probably a better choice. 

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck Incision

+1

The incision for a mini tummy tuck can, in most patients, easily be placed within the pubic hair region, well-concealed within the bikini line.  This is an excellent procedure for the right patient.  Based on your description, and height and weight profile, you would probably fair well with this procedure which is designed for the patient with lower abdominal wall laxity that doesn't necessarily require tightening of the abdominal musculature or repositioning of the umbilicus (belly button).   

Mini-tummy tuck incisions can be hidden low

+1

For many who are good candidates for a mini-tummy-tuck, the incision can be placed about 6-8 cm above the labia, and hence can be well hidden.  If you already have a C-section scar, that can be re-purposed to achieve a mini-tummy-tuck.  You should still be able to wear hip hugger pants without the scar being visible in most cases.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon