Mini Tummy Tuck - Will I Get a Good Result?

My plastic surgeon said he will do a mini tummy tuck on me. Will I have a good result without a full tummy tuck?

Mini tummy tuck

+2

You asked this question yesterday with 2 photos posted.  I responded that you might be one of the rare people who could do wel with a mini tummy tuck.  Good luck, just make sure you have a real Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (Am Board of Plastic Surgery is a must!!)

Will a MINI Tummy Tuck get me the Result I want?

+2

Regarding: "Mini Tummy Tuck - Will I Get a Good Result?
My plastic surgeon said he will do a mini tummy tuck on me. Will I have a good result without a full tummy tuck
?"

For an accurate answer you are best advised to get a second opinion (including an examination). But from your photograph it looks like a MINI-Tummy Tuck would be a reasonable choice.

HOWEVER, there is no one standardized Mini-Tummy Tuck, there are several versions. Some cut the belly button stalk permanently and pull it down (float), others do not involve the belly button, others temporarily cut the stalk to allow muscle tightening up to the ribs and then reattach the belly button at a lower position. (This works well in women such as you with a high belly button). Some surgeons combine this with liposuction while others do not.

Find out exactly what your surgeon plans to do in your "MINI Tummy Tuck".

Dr. Peter Aldea

Mini-tummy tuck

+2

Without a formal exam it is hard to say.  If you have a diastasis and lax skin above the umbilicus, you may be better off with a full tummy tuck.

Good Mini Tummy Tuck Candidate

+2

Based on the photograph you provided, it does appear that you would be a good candidate for a mini-abdominoplasty and liposuction of the abdomen.  It looks like the looses skin you have is in the lowewr abdominal area, and you have no looseness around the belly button.  Liposuction would contour the abdomen while a mini-tuck would help remove the excess laxity.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thanks for a posted photo. Very hard to advise over the internet. You could be a candidate for mini TT + Smart Lipo of upper abdomen. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

We have many good results with a mini TT, but we only have a small percentage of patients who are a good candidate for this.  Most need a full TT.  If your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon said you are a good candidate, then you should trust their opinion.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Whether you will be a good candidate for mini tummy tuck surgery will depend on your physical examination and your goals. If you have muscle laxity about the umbilicus you will be better served with a full tummy tuck.

In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Good result from mini tummy tuck

+1

The best candidates for a mini tummy tuck have laxity in the lower abdomen with little laxity above the belly button. Based on your photo the mini with some liposuction could be just right for you.

peterejohnsonmd

Results from mini vs full tummy tuck

+1

The photo is helpful but keep in mind that no one can give you specific advice withour seeing you personally. A mini tummy tuck will only improve skin tone in the lower abdomen. What I see in the picture is some skin laxity above the belly button so I am doubtful that the mini will give the best result.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini tuck

+1

I think it's hard to tell from the photographs but looks like you may get a better result from a full abdominoplasty. I agree strongly with Dr. Rand: make sure your surgeon is ABPS board certified!

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon