Should I Get a Mini Tummy Tuck or a Full Tummy Tuck (photo)

I am soon looking into a tummy tuck but I do not have all the lose skin allot of other women have but looks like my ab muscles are messed up allot higher then a mini tummy tuck would cover any insight you can give me would be great thanks :)

Full or mini tummy tuck

+1

I think after looking at your photos that you could do well with a mini tummy tuck, the full tummy tuck would not give you a big difference over the mini

Mini tummy tuck or full tummy tuck

+1

You do not have a lot of excess skin.  You do not need a full tummy tuck.  The muscles (fascia) can be tightened all of the way up to the chest bone (xiphoid process) with a mini tuck.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

In-person examination will be necessary to determine whether any surgery is indicated;  if so, it would probably be  of full tummy tuck in order to address the abdominal wall diastasis if present.

A variety of a tummy tuck

+1

Most tummy tucks require a long incision to remove excess skin, as well as tighten the muscle which has loosened.  You don't have any excess skin, nor any excess fat.  You do have a weakness or stretching of the fascia, the very strong tissue that surrounds the muscles to pull them back together to flatten and strengthen your abdomen.  You will require an incision below the panty line to get access to the muscles.  This can be difficult because this tightening has to be done from the top of your abdomen to the bottom.  Have a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has had experience with this procedure.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

What is the goal?

+1

Based on the photo's that you sent I would not suggest any surgery be done. The shape is good , the skin laxity is nonexistent, the muscles appear to be together. No photo is as good as an in person exam so I suggest you get the opinion of a Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Mini VS Full Tummy Tuck

+1

There is no substitute for a full history and a hands on physical examination. Although a bending over, tummy relaxed, "diving" pose would contradict me, I cannot see a reason why need to have an Abdomnoplasty. You did not give a history of pregnancies and appear to have a very nice figure which would not be significantly improved with a tummy tuck. It has been my experience with hundreds of tummy tucks that skin stretch and laxity is a predictor of muscle looseness and slitting. In the absence of visible skin looseness there is a low likelihood of significant muscle damage which would require a muscle repair. I would consult SEVERAL board certified Plastic surgeons to see what their prevailing opinions may be.