Can I Get a Mini Tummy Tuck Without Muscle Repair?

With mini tummy tuck, is anyone willing to just fix the skin without touching the muscle? Spoke to my family Dr who said the muscle doesn't need repair. I've heard that most surgeons won't do it because it doesn't look as good when the surgery is complete. Small area of skin needing repair, b/w bellybutton & pubic bone. Don't care about stretch marks, just want the excess skin gone.

Mini tummy tuck without muscle repair

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

In our Miami practice, we have performed mini tummy tucks in a wide variety of patients. If the patient does not have a separation of muscles and already has a tight waist, they may be a great candidate to receive a mini tummy tuck without muscle repair. For best results, be sure that you're working with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has a great deal of experience in liposuction, tummy tucks, and body contouring. Ask them their opinion and asked them to describe what the surgery would look like on you if you received or did not receive a muscle repair. In our practice, we rely on digital morphing technology so that the patient can see the image other abdomen transform in front of your eyes to get an idea of what each component of the surgery will contribute to the overall look. In this way, patients can make an informed choice as to what they will receive.

Mini tummy tuck without muscle repair

+1

An exam would be necessary to determine what you would need, but skin certainly can be removed without treating the muscles.

Mini tummy tuck without muscle repair

+1

If your muscles don't need some tightening then it isn't necessary.  This is rare however.  Please also don't make the mistake of having a non-plastic surgeon do the surgery as there are some actually out there who would tell you they could do this but have no training at all. Maybe that's why they said you didn't need muscle repair - they didn't know how to do it and thought it what what you wanted to hear.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Mini Tummy Tuck with or without Muscle Repair

+1

A Mini Tummy Tuck addresses only the abdomen BELOW the belly button. If the muscles are split and the woman has a "pooch" the muscles can be brought together. If the muscles are not separated then no muscle repairs are needed. The amount of loose skin that can be removed is limited and the height of the belly button or its distance from the clitoris would also influence the amount of skin removed (taking too much loose skin would overly lower the belly button).

You need to discuss your options carefully with your surgeon. No one would be happy with a substandard result; Especially you.

Mini Tummy tuck with or without muscle repair

+1

If your muscles are in good condition than you can easily undergo a tummy tuck without muscle repair. If, however, your muscles are separated, I would highly recommend that you repair these at the time of the mini tummy tuck.

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

That is what a mini tummy tuck essentially is.  Usually a repair of the lower abdominal muscles in a mini tummy tuck causes the upper abdomen to bulge so most surgeons dont do muscle plication on a mini tummy tuck.

But it can be done with or without a plication.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Mini tummy tuck without muscle repair

+1

I do this frequently so find a boarded plastic surgeon to discuss your options with. Also the muscle repair is a very minor part of the operation.

From MIAMI Happy 4th Dr. B