Mini Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, and Liposuction in One Surgery?

Is it possible to get a breast augmentation, a mini tummy tuck and a bit of Liposuction on my thighs in the same visit? My goal is to reverse signs of 3 children (droopy breasts, loose tummy) and age (a little extra fat on saddle bag area). I'd like to get it taken care of all at once. Also, what is the cost (approximately) of all 3 procedures?

Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Breast Augment Together

+3

It is quite common to combine the above procedures, and this is often referred to as a "mommy makeover", a term that refers to correcting whatever the post pregnancy changes to the body are. Just be careful to talk to a well experienced surgeon. Most of us prefer not to do a mini-tummy tuck because for so many patients it leaves a tihtened lower abdomen and a loose or even bulin upper abdomen. there are certainly a few patients where the mini may be appropriate, but that is why you need a ood sureon to help you decide.

Combination procedures

+3

It is very common to proceed with these multiple procedures in one setting.  But as my colleagues have suggested, you need to visit with your ASPS member surgeon for a complete evaluation of your health status, past medical history and medications.  He/she will determine if you are medically safe to proceed with a combined procedure.  They may also recommend further evaluation by an internist for medical clearance if that is warranted.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Combining Breast Surgery, Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Is Safe and Saves Recovery Time

+3

In young healthy patients combining breast procedures such as breast enlargement or a breast lift and abdominoplasty/liposuction is safe. Several good studies show no difference in the number of complications.

There is always the possibility of a blood clot forming in the leg after any tummy tuck procedure, or any surgery over 2 hours in length for that matter. While this is rare, if it occurs it could be very serious. Use of sequential compression stockings started before the anesthetic is very important on any of these procedures. There is also a growing number experts who now recommend a mild blood thinner after these procedures to help prevent this complications (this is not universally accepted)

Pain control is very important and use of a Marcain pain pump for the abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) makes this combination much easier on the patient. In my practice this has really changed the way patients recover for the better. My patients often walk in smiling the next day since we began using pain pumps.

Combining procedures saves one very valuable commodity, your time. The value of two weeks of time recovering is very high and should be part of your decision.

Finally, if you have medical problems, or smoke it may be better to separate these procedures because your risks are higher. Your surgeon should help you determine if you are a candidate for multiple procedures by doing a complete history and physical. If this was not done, seek another surgeon.

David L. Mobley, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for a mommy make over

+2

From your description you may be a good candidate for a mommy make over.  You should first be seen in consultation by a plastic surgeon who can review your risk factors and determine the best treatment plan to address your concerns.

Combining breast implants, mini-tummy tuck and liposuction

+2

If you are in good health, combination plastic surgery procedures can be carried out safely provided it is completed in a timely fashion. These procedures can be done in 3-4 hours, which is a reasonably amount of time. The longer the procedure, the higher the risk of developing a DVT (blood clot) in your leg which could potentially migrate to your lungs.

Please be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon prior to scheduling a combination of plastic surgery procedures.

You may also require medical clearance prior to surgery from your internist or family practitioner.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy makeover - tummy tuck and lipo combo

+1
Combining a breast procedure and a tummy tuck is safe in a healthy patient but it has to be a very rare circumstance and a very small amount of liposuction provided on the legs for me to do at the same time as a tummy tuck.  My mini tummy tucks involves some muscle tightening, though not to the extent of a full tummy tuck, and I want my patients up and moving around after surgery to decrease complications.  I would not want to make the legs really sore, as my liposuction is quite aggressive, and make the abdomen extremely sore from the tummy tuck and chance my patient not wanting to get up and get the blood circulating therefore resulting in a blood clot, DVT, or PE.  It is often best to stage procedures as safety must come first with these elective procedures.

Alan N. Larsen, MD

You can definitely have those procedures done safely at the same time.

+1
Your recovery time would be about 2-3 weeks and you would wear compression garments for up to 6 weeks.  Make sure family and friends are available to help with the care of children while you recover.  The more rest you get the faster you will heal and the better the results of the surgery. 

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Combination surgery including Mommy Makover

+1
As long as you are otherwise healthy you should be able to  have that combination of procedures at one time. This might take 4-6 hours depending on how much liposuction you are talking about.. Many of our patients who have combination procedures will spend one night in  our Plastic Surgery post op unit which they love and also speeds along their recovery

G. Wesley Price, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

+1
My patients are required to obtain medical clearance and basic blood work prior to surgery. We have a detailed discussion regarding the risks and benefits of multiple surgeries at once. 
In general the combination you mention is safe to have at one time but each patient must be assessed individually meaning some will be able to have the surgery and others not. 

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon