Can You Do a Mini Tummy Tuck and Muscle Tightening at the Same Time? (photo)

Hi i wanted to know if i could do a mini tummy tuck and muscle tightening at the same time, or can i only get the tightening bet done in a full tummy tuck. I found out i had a minor diastasis recti which is why my belly kept sticking out after eating and why my tumescent liposuction looked like it didnt work. (they could have told me that before i spent £4k on the procedure. So now im looking to doing a tummy tuck and i dont want the huge scar. Here is a picture of me below.

Lower tummy muscle tightening usually done with mini tummy tuck

+1

The short answer is that mucle tightening below the belly button is usually done with a mini tummy tuck also called a mini-abdominoplasty.
Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall muscles and removes redundant skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only. The shortest scar technique leaves a scar at the pubic hair line. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients
‘Mini” tummy tucks can benefit patients who have a small amount of excess skin and fat or protruding of the lower abdomen. This operation may be done under local anesthesia with sedation, on an outpatient basis. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients

Yes, mini tummy tuck and muscle tightening can be performed at same time

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  A physical exam would be needed to provide a more accurate recommendation.  I suspect you would be a good candidate for liposuction alone or liposuction and an endoscopic tummy tuck.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

MintTT and diastasis repair

+1

Yes you can do a mini-TT and diastasis repair at the same time.
The surgeon can either work around the navel or lift it off the abdomen to gain the space needed for the repair. In the event or elevating the navel, it would be sutured back down to its site of origin.
We may have differing ideas of what defines a mini-TT. Most surgeons consider this an operation with skin excision limited to the lower abdomen, irrespective of the length of the incision. I mention that because you do have a considerable amount of skin excess in the lower abdomen, so a mini_TT would help, but the incision would be long, pretty much the same as for a full TT.
Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Hello

+1

Getting a tummy tuck with muscle correction at the same time is done almost all the time unless it’s not needed and that would be a Lipectomy. From your picture and your quick history it sounds like that tummy tuck with muscle correction would give you the results you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Mini tummy tuck and muscle plication

+1

Plication of a diastasis rectus can be done with  a mini tummy tuck...the "mini" really only refers to the amount of skin resection and length of the final scar...an option would be called an "umbilical float" procedure and can be done with a short scar like a mini tummy tuck...discuss this with your surgeon and make sure he is comfortable with doing it.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon