Will A Mini Tummy Tuck and Lipo Correct C-Section Bulge and Tummy? (photo)

I'm a 40 yr old mom who's had 3 c-sections within a 5 yr period and now finding extremely difficult to get rid of my pooch. I'm fortunate to not have stretch marks, but have loose skin around my lower belly area. I'm also extremely bothered by the bulge that's been left right above my c-section line. It's very noticeable, to me, when wearing solid color swim wear or form fitting clothing. Also, will lipo help with the extra "love" around my hips and flanks without leaving my skin too loose?

Mini Tummy Tuck Can Correct Ugly C-Section Scar and tighten the lower tummy

+1

Your photos seem to indicate that you would be a good candidate for mini tummy tuck and C-Section scar revision. Here are the details of the procedure.
Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall muscles and removes redundant skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only. The shortest scar technique leaves a scar at the pubic hair line. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients
‘Mini” tummy tucks can benefit patients who have a small amount of excess skin and fat or protruding of the lower abdomen. This operation may be done under local anesthesia with sedation, on an outpatient basis. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients.

Mini tummy tuck for lower abdomen bulge

+1

HI,

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a "mini" tummy tuck-also known as a lower abdominoplasty.This will revise the c-section scar, remove some of the extra fatty tissue around the belly button and lower abdomen and tighten the abdominal muscles below the belly button to help with the bulging. I would be happy to see you in my clinic to discuss this more or you may contact any other board certified plastic surgeon.

All my best,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

I think you would be a good candidate for a miniTT

+1

based on your photos, i think you would be a good candidate for a miniTT.

this will not provide any tightening above the umbilicus but you seem quite good in this area. you skin tone is excellent. 

good luck

sincerely,

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

MIni-tummy tuck candidate

+1
In your case, you may well be a viable candidate for a min-tuck. The only way to know for sure is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. You would benefit from liposuction of the flanks which can be performed in the same procedure.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Mini tummy tuck

+1

In assessing the abdomen the surgeon has to look at the contributions of skin, muscle and fat. In your posted photos there is very little if any excess skin limited to the area just above the pubic mound. There does not appear to be excess fat but the muscle layer looks lax at and below the belly button level. The question is how much muscle tightening is required. If you just suture tighten the muscle below the belly button a mini-tummy tuck will suffice. If you need to go higher and do not need/want the larger skin incisions and incision around the belly button your surgeon will need longer lighted retractors and suture instruments to get all the way up. It is rare to see a patient with your mix of skin, muscle and fat components.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Yes

+1

You are a very good candidate for this procedure.  I would likely use an endoscope to allow me to tighten the abdominal wall slightly above your belly button and make the lower abdominal incision smaller.    You shouldn't have to worry about the skin becoming lax in the area of the liposuction.  

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tucks are rare, but maybe for you

+1

A properly applied mini TT is rare because it does nothing above the umbilicus.  But your photos show that maybe this could work for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Mini tummy tuck for lower laxity

+1

Mini tummy tuck is less frequent, though some might find the procedure just right for laxity in the lower abdomen over a C-section scar. Still, depite the 'mini', we still like to reach all the way up to chest (xiphoid) and repair the muscle top to bottom to improve the abdominal tone. The mini avoids the umbilical scar and shortens the transverse scar as well.

Mini Tummy Tuck and Lipo

+1

Most who ask about a mini-TT are not good candidates, but it looks like you may be. A TT can treat excess skin and fat, and can tighten the abdominal wall. For a mini to work, the problem must truly be limited to the lower abdomen and it looks like that may be the case. An in person exam is of course far more reliable than photos, and it may turn out that you wind up with the recommendation for a full TT. 

Liposuction to the flanks also looks appropriate. 

You seem ready for an in person consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org) also has listings for your area, and a listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.