Mini Tuck Vs. Full Tuck for Loose Skin and Stretch Marks

These pictures were taken 2 weeks postpartum. I'm 4 months PP and my stomach is still the same. I have flabby skin and its only noticeable when I sit down it looks worse I also have very bad stretch marks in that particular area. I was wondering what surgery I should get.I dont want a weird navel...

To remove loose skin both above and below the belly button, a full tummy tuck is needed

+1

A mini tummy tuck will only address loose skin below the belly button. From your photo, you are probably loose in the upper part of the abdomen as well as the lower, so you probably would be best served by a full tummy tuck to remove as much skin as possible. You are correct that a full tummy tuck does usually involve some work around the belly button, but skilfully done, the belly button should look cute, not weird.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck

+1

People who have especially slack skin in their midsection need more than what liposuction alone can offer. Typical candidates for a full tummy tuck are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new positon. A mini-tummy tuck is especially effective for people who look pretty good from the navel up. The main difference between the 2 procedures is that the mini-tummy tuck doesn't require moving or reconstructing the navel and the incision is shorter than the one made in a full tummy tuck.

An effective non-surgical option is Thermage, a non-invasive (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin, and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin.

The procedure uses radiofrequency technology called ThermaCool that has been clinically proven to tighten and gently lift skin to smooth out wrinkles and renew facial contours. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities. And unlike laser treatments, Thermage can be performed on patients of all skin types. Thermage can be used all over the body, including flabby arms, hands, and legs. Now approved by the FDA for improving cellulite. Tighten and lift without surgery, injections, or downtime.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Mini not the best tummy tuck option for loose skin and stretch marks

+1

Although I can't say for certain without seeing you, from your picture it seems very unlikely that a mini abdominoplasty will give you a good result. The recovery time is about the same anyway so go for what will work best in the long run. You will be happy you did!

Richard Baxter, MD