Mini TT with Lipo Instead of Full TT?

Hi guys, So I have been searching and thinking and searching some more - I have been advised that a full TT would be best for me, but I cannot possibly afford it, but this skin is really shooting down my confidence etc. I know its hard to tell without photos, but basically I have a small "apron" of skin at the pubic bone line, and a horrible flabby role just under my breasts. Would a mini tummy tuck, and lipo for the top be as effective? Thanks heaps!

Mini vs Full TT

+1

Impossible to give you any guidance without an exam.  Please post photos or better, see a board certified PS to learn more about your options

Mini TT with Lipo Instead of Full TT?

+1

You are correct that it is difficult to advise without photos. By your description, I suspect that liposuction of the roll under the breasts will make the upper abdomen look worse, by creating an apron there after the structural support of the underlying fat is removed. 

I would hope you have considered getting a consultation and quote. The fees for a full TT should be quite similar to fees for a mini-TT plus an area of liposuction.

All the best. 

Mini TT with Lipo Instead of Full TT?

+1

Impossible to answer this question without photos, and better yet, examining you.  However, if an experienced plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, told you that you need a full TT, that is what you need and there is no way around it, especially with what you have described.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Mini TT with Lipo Instead of Full TT?

+1

It is possible that minitummy tuck and liposuction may produce a satisfactory result, but it is very difficult to give a precise answer without an exam or photos.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of minitummy tucks, liposuction procedures, and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, online consultants will not be of much help to you without the benefit of viewing pictures. However, your description of your  abdomen does not sound like that of a patient who will benefit from mini tummy tuck surgery.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Again, remember that it is much better to wait and have the appropriate procedure performed as opposed to undergoing a procedure that you can “afford” now and be displeased with the outcome… Revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.