Should I Get a Mini TT or Full TT? (photo)

I am a 28yr old, and I have a bit of a sagging tummy. I lost about 100lb and after that have had lipo twice. The first time didn't show much results. So I got it done again. Again the results weren't what I was after. The second time though, my doctor told me that I had scar tissue? and that the lipo wouldnt result in a flat stomach. Which is the result now. I am generally quite fit but the tummy just wont go. If I lose more weight, the sack becomes more pronounced. Full or mini TT? Thx.

Mini tummy tuck vs tummy tuck

+1

Mini tummy tuck have a few indications. In your case, a standard tummy tuck with lipo on flanks will give you the best results.

+1

It is obvious that you have loose skin, the solution to which is not liposuction!  Your first surgeon would have known this if he was an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  In general liposuction usually does not work in males because we do not accumulate fat under the skin.  Whether you need a mini or a full tuck is impossible to say without examining you, but again, mini-tuck usually is not effective in males, it only benefits a very small percentage of females whose hanging is strictly limited to the lower abdomen and they have a high belly button, because it does pull the belly button down.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Mini tummy tuck versus standard tummy tuck

+1

It's hard to say without examining you, but a standard tummy tuck can tighten the muscles from your sternum to your pubic area.  A mini tummy tuck can only really tighten the muscles from your belly button to the pubic area.  However, both of theses procedures can help to eliminate excess hanging skin the belly region.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Mini tummy tuck vs. full tummy tuck

+1

The key to deciding on whether or not to have a mini tummy tuck is simple. Grab the skin at your sides, is it loose? A full tummy tuck (performed by a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of progressive tension tummy tucks) will give you the lowest, and best scar possible. The scar will be longer but it will be better looking, and the risk of seroma (water collection under the skin after surgery) is lower. Your recovery will also be easier since no drains are used in a PTTT. Ask to see the surgeon's results in real life and in people of different color not just in photos. Call the local hospital and see if your surgeon is credentialed to do tummy tucks there. Then talk to your surgeon about how low and how fine your scar will be. Length of scar (an issue that is very important to patients) is not the real problem. The real problem lies in how beautiful and how hidden the scar will be.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Mini TT or Full TT?

+1

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the advantages and disadvantages of each option would not be in your best interest. Generally, patients who have experienced massive weight loss get better results with a full tummy tuck. To get the most valid information you should have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck or a full tummt tuck ?

+1

It seems that still you have some exra fat around your belly button and flanks as well as moderate amount of excess skin in the lower abdomen. In your case a combination of aggressive liposelection and a well designed mini abdominoplasty would improve your abdomen significantly.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.

You will need a full tummy tuck( abdominoplasty)+ Liposuction if you are after the best result. A mini tummy tuck will not be able to address the excess skin and fat that you have towards your love handles.

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Mini TT or Full TT?

+1

It is a bit hard to say from the pictures, but either may be appropriate depending upon skin laxity perceived after exam. If skin laxity is minimal, no surgery may be the best option or perhaps another liposuction.  I have found that liposuction revisions can give good results in certain cases.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Tummy Tuck Questions

+1

Thanks for including photos. You are a condidate for a full Tummy Tuck procedure.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD