Does Having a Mini TT and Lipo Procedure Require a Hospital Stay or is It an Outpatient Procedure?

No it does not!

+2

The combined operation of a Mini Abdominoplasty with liposuction of one or more areas characteristically should not require hospitalization. Even a full Abdominoplasty(Tummy Tuck) with an associated liposuction does not require hospitalization.

Tummy Tuck as Outpatient?

+2

These procedures are routinely and safely performed as outpatient surgery procedures.

Outpatient Abdominoplasty is Safe

+2

I just published an article in Aesthetic Surgery Journal, the Journal of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons on outpatient abdominoplasty. In it I reviewed my personal experience with over 300 consecutive outpatient tummy tucks without serious complications. I started discharging patients home from the recovery area over 12 years ago. It is routine for most plastic surgeons these days. The beauty of it is that you are up moving much sooner than overnight stays. Hence the result is lower rates of clots and serious complications.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD, FACS

Can I Go Home After A Mini Tummy Tuck?

+2

Dear JRecord,  I routinely perform outpatient tummy tucks and liposuction in our AAAASF certified surgicenter. If you need assistance at home, most practices have home health aides that can be with you after the surgery. Good luck.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Most Tummy Tucks Are Outpatient Surgeries

+2

With rare exception, tummy tuck surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure. Regardless of whether it is a mini-tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck, with or without liposuction, it does not require an overstay. The exceptions would be unless the patient lives a long distance away, does not have transportation home, or has no one to be with them the first night after surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Mini-tuck is an ambulatory procedure

+2
I perform full tummy tucks with liposuction in an outpatient facility and the patient goes home on the same day. This is the norm as it results in major cost savings and, frankly, you would be much more comfortable at home than in the hospital.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

The hospital is not necessary for tummy tuck or liposuction

+2

A hospital stay is a thing of the past for tummy tuck, and as the cost basis for cosmetic surgery at a hospital has increased, office based surgery has taken center stage for tummy tuck and liposuction.

Does a mini Tummy Tuck and Lipo require a Hospital stay?

+2

Absolutely not. I routinely perform full abdominal liposuction at the same time as a Tummy Tuck in an outpatient setting. Pt's go home after their procedure and are seen in follow up within 2-3 days. If a patient desires help at home we arrange for home nursing, but I believe it would be counterproductive and unnecessary to stay in a hospital after these cosmetic procedures.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Mini tummy tuck usually outpatient...

+2

The vast majority of times, liposuction and a mini tummy tuck are outpatient procedures.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

TT and lipo can be outpatient procedures

+1

Most are done as an outpatient. However, that decision is made by the surgeon after access your safety profile as well as by the patient and their ability to care for themselves or have others care for them post operatively. Safetly is number one!

Raj S. Ambay, MD