Mini Thigh Lift

I had liposuction 6 months ago on my saddlebag areas. Unfortunately, the areas are a bit lumpy now after healing. I was told I could have a touch-up lipo procedure to help smooth the areas, but I don't have a lot of confidence that this will be a great solution.

I am wondering about the possibility of a mini outer thigh lift. If I gently pull up on each outer thigh from my waist area, it does seem to appear much smoother. It does not require much pulling up to get this result, but I wondered how extensive the thigh lift surgery would have to be.

Can a mini thigh lift be done with a smaller incision? What is the simplest, smallest procedure that could give these results? Is it absolutely necessary to separate all the layers of muscle, fascia, etc from the skin, and if so, how far down the leg must this extend? I would appreciate any info on this, as there is not a lot of information on outer thigh procedures, particularly mini lifts. Thank you.

Outer thigh lift versus fat injections

+2

Without examining you this is a tough question to answer. If the lateral thigh skin appear smooth and there are no contour abnormalities when you look in the mirror, then revision liposuction may be sufficient. If there are some contour issues, then fat injections may be able to correct these areas. If the problem now is excess skin, then you need an excisional procedure (outer thigh lift). If you are happy with your abdomen, a lateral thigh incision can be created that lies under your bikini line and ends anteriorly in the groin and posteriorly on the buttock. There is no "mini" outer thigh lift unfortunately. If you are unhappy with you abdomen, this procedure can be combined with the lateral thigh lift (aka extended tummy tuck). I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon  that performs a lot of body contouring procedures to examine you and give you their opinion.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Lift

+2

There is no MINI thigh lift.

How to correct your particular problem depends on what is really the problem. This can only be answered after examination. It could involve liposuction with fat transfer or a thigh lift.

Have another opinion by a Board certified PS.

Mini Thigh Lift information

+2

This is rarely performed, and it involves a horizontal incision along the hip area. A minimal incision would not be possible to lift the outer thigh and saddlebag areas. Most patients who desire this would be interested in a lower body lift if they have excess skin in the abdominal area as well. As always, discuss your options with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will help you decide on the best possible procedure for your situation.

Scott W. Mosser, MD

Mini thigh lifting

+2

Your options for improvement include touch up lipo, possible fat injection, both, or an outer thigh lift. I don't think you will get the result you are looking for with a minimal incision. I usually combine the outer thigh lift with a tummy tuck, which leads to a lot more lifting than if the procedures were performed separately. I have my patients wear their favorite bikini or underwear when marking. In this way the final scar can be hidden.

Good luck!

Michael Diaz, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

The incision for outer thigh lift is going to be long, but concealable

+2

Unfortunately, the only way to surgically lift the outer thigh and saddlebag area is by a rather extensive incision. I perform it using a tummy tuck incision and lift upwards, so it's going to be a bikini-type incision.

Most of my patients at http://www.drlomonaco.com/forwlp.htm had this done. As you can see, it can correct that skin pretty wel but it's not perfect, especially in older patients or those with poor tone or a lot of skin.

I am planning to use Refirme in those patients to try and get a bit more tightening after surgery.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Thigh Lift in Los Angeles

+1

There are many variations of a thigh lift procedure that can be performed based on your needs and expectations. Some of these have shorter scars. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS