Mini-lift 8 Weeks Post-op Tightness/pulling?

I am almost 8 weeks post-op from mini-lift (NOT a Lifestyle Lift) performed by an experienced board certified PS. Everything looks great but I’m experiencing intermittent extreme tightness in my scalp and almost constant pulling around ears (sometimes in front; sometimes in back). It is very uncomfortable and distracting. My PS says that some people just take longer for the tight/pulling sensations to subside. Does this sound reasonable to you? If so, how much longer might it continue?

Tightness after Mini Facelift

+1

With regard to tightness, this almost always resolves with tincture of time.  Massage may be useful as well, if your plastic surgeon is OK with that option.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tightness after a mini facelift

+1

Hi.  Yes, each patient is different as far as how long a feeling of tightness lasts. Most patients don't complain about this in my experience. I'm sure that over the next few months this will gradually subside

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift

+1

The feeling of tightness is normal (it is tightening of the SMAS).

It should subside from 3-6 months.