Mini Lift Swelling

Hi, I am 46. I had a "Mini Facelift" done Wednesday to lift my sagging jowls. The next day I found that the right side of may face had swelled up into the eye area and I now have a blue eye as if someone has hit me in the eye. The swelling and bruising on the one side is still bad, it is only 5 days later.

As this was not a full face lift, I did not really think I would swell so badly.....on one side only. Could this have been caused by too much bleeding under the skin. How much longer will it more or less take for the swelling to go down?

Mini Facelift Complications

+1

I would certainly agree with the other surgeons who have answered your question. While swelling is normal and it may be more on one side versus another, there is always the possibility that this represents a hematoma. I would certainly talk with your surgeon ASAP.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini-lift and facial swelling

+1

A mini lift or a facelift can casue swelling and bruising.  However, differential swelling where one side is much more swollen and bruised could be a hematoma. Follow-up closely with your surgeon.

Mini face lift

+1

Swelling is a normal reaction to any type of trauma and is very individualized. Some people swell more that others. swellin increases in dependent positions. All swelling eventually will disappear.

In your case It could be swelling or a HEMATOMA.

You should see your surgeon ASAP.

Swelling VS HEMATOMA

+1

The amount of swelling depends on how the patient reacts to the surgical trauma and the technique used by the surgeon. Usually the less pulling and pushing and the more sharp dissection with careful cautery of bleeding vessels the less swelling one will have.

Usually swelling is seen more or less on both sides. What you describe sounds very much like a HEMATOMA - a blood collection in the field. These have to be evacuated before they compromise the blood flow to the skin or cause other complications. You need to be seen IMMEDIATELY by your surgeon and have him / her address it.

Dr. P. Aldea