Which Mini-lift Best Treats Nasolabial Folds?

I have some jowling and would like to improve my deep nasolabial folds. Which type of minilift is best for me? Would a mid-face lift treat the n asolabila folds better than a lift targetting the jowls? I am also having upper and lower blepharoplasty and cheek implants put in at the same time.

Fillers are probably your best option for NL grooves.

+3

Fillers such as restylane/juvederm($550/syringe) or Radiesse ($630/syr) do great for the NL grooves but any kind of facelift or minilift doesn't help that area.  Sometimes cheek implants do help alittle tho.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

No Mini Lift can improve the nasolabial folds, a Mid Facelift can help them

+1

While Mini Lifts can help with jowling they cannot do much for the nasolabial folds (the only exception to this would be a very thin patient where an extended Mini Lift is used to elevate the cheeks as well).

A mid-face lift is alos not able to remove nasolabial folds (in fact no surgery can) but the lifting effect can help soften them more than any facelift approach can.

Fillers and fat injections can help the the nasolabial folds the best.

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

+1

The miniface lift or full face lift will only improve the nasolabial folds to a small degree.  Fillers or fat grafting can be a good adjunct in this regard.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Treating Nasolabial Folds

+1

Midfacelifts tend to improve nasolabial folds to some degree, but usually there is a limitation on the amount that can be improved without some type of filling.  I am a big fan of augmenting the cheeks, through a combination of the deeper tissue "pull-up" (elevating upwards the midface cheek pads), and liquid fillers, producing the most impressive
results.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelft to Treat Nasolabial Folds

+1

A mini facelift will improve your jowls but will do nothing to improve your nasolabial folds or grooves. Fillers, fat, or soft tissue are used to augment the grooves.

Mini-lift for nasolabial folds

+1

I actually would not recommend a mini-lift to treat nasolabial folds. None are great options for nasolabial folds. Minilifts can potentially improve jowls but the folds will require volume restoration with multi level fat grafting or fillers like Sculptra. Good luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Best to fill rather than pull

+1

A mini lift, which has many diffent names. S lift, MACs lift , lifestyle lift. can modestly improve the jowl and neck. Improvement of the nasolabial fold however is best done by filling the depression. Fat, Fascia or commercial fillers are all helpfull in this regard. Perhaps in your case a combination of the two would be most helpfull. Good Luck

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Way to Treat Nasolabial Folds

+1

The Mini-Face Lifts may be tough to choose from because of all the brand names such as LifeStyle Lift, S-Lift, Quick Lift, LiteLift, MACS and others. All Mini-Lifts address the jowls and lower nasolabial fold areas.

A midface lift in my hands primarily addresses the cheek and mid to upper nasolabial folds. The incisions for a midface lift may be made through the lower lid (which you are already having done, intraorally or  through a facelift incision.A midface lift essentially lifts up the medial cheek also called the "SOOF" by supporting internal stitches.

Probably most important factor of all is in fact  the skill and experience of the surgeon. Always check out his/her before and after photos and ask to see long term results and most of all that he is trained and a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or board certified facial plastic surgeon. It is their role to see you through this complicated decision making process.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Mini-lift for Nasolabial Folds?

+1

Essentially no mini-face lift technique is good for nasolabial folds.  Since you have some jowls and deep nasolabial creases the procedure of choice for you would be a high-SMAS face lift.  Cheek implants and blepharoplasty could be performed at the same sitting if indicated.

Michael Sundine, MD

+1

None.  Face Lifts treat Jowls and the neck.  The NLF's should be addressed locally by reducing the subcutaneous fat and shaping the Cheeks following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face...not a wind-swept, pulled, flat face IMHO.