I am 5'8, 155 lb. Do I Need a Mini or Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hi....I am 5'8, 155 lb. I want to get a tummy tuck, but I dont now if I need mini, or full tummy tuck, I rader have a mini tummy tuck because the scar is smaller. I also have 500cc moderate plus profile breast implant, and I delivered.... double bottom? or double buble? any way, I have to get that fix too, but this time I want to go for bigger size, would it 575cc moderate plus profile make me look to big? speacilly after the tummy tuck?

A full TT would give you the best result and the longest scar

+3

But that is what I would recommend.  Correction of the double bubble could be done at the same time.  The bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications like the one you have.  Best to consult with a Board Certified PS to discuss your particular needs.  Best of luck to you.

Abdominoplasty and Breast Augmentation Revision

+2

A 'mini' abdominoplasty offers a scar that is nearly the same lenght as a full abdominoplasty.  So don't pick your surgery based on that.  Your abdomen has skin laxity above and below the belly button, and your abdominal muscles have laxity. You will only get a satisfactory result from a full abdominoplasty.

Your left breast does show signs of a double bubble, although small.  This can easily be fixed by a qualified breast surgery specialist.  A 575 cc MP implant is less than a 20% increase in volume from the 500cc MP implant, and you will barely notice any change in size. A 20% to 30% increase (600 cc to 650 cc - I know that sounds really big) will give you a bump in size that you will notice!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck after pregnancy

+2

Your photo shows laxity and stretch both above and below the belly button, and with the muscle laxity you will do better with a full tummy tuck.

Mommy Makeover Implants And Tummy Tuck

+2

Thank you very much for your photographs and your questions.  With reference to your abdomen, you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Your photograph shows separation of your abdominal muscles and loose skin above your belly button,  These would strongly indicate a full tummy tuck is necessary.  Obviously, the best diagnosis of which surgery would be better for you can be made by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in the Mommy Makeover. 

Your double bubble correction requires a very experienced plastic surgeon, and if you are really interested in going to larger implants, I would make a minimum of a 100cc increase in your existing implants.  That will give you a half cup size improvement over your present breast size.  I believe increasing your breast implant size by a half cup would not look too big at your height.  You are a tall girl and can handle breasts of that size easily. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck and What About My Breast Implants

+2

Dear ladiferente,

While it is certainly understandable about your desire to have the shorter incision of a mini-tummy tuck, given your photo, a full abdominoplasty would be recommended.  While a full tummy tuck has a longer incision, it will be able to address the problem of excess loose skin in both the areas below and above the belly button, tighten the underlying abdominal muscles, and shape the waistline.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is recommended so you can discuss your concerns and worries and learn the best options for you.

Regarding your desire to increase your breast size, an increase of 75ccs is very unlikely to add any significant change to your current breast size.  Again, this is something your plastic surgeon can address with you based on your examination and desires.  They can also discuss your options for correcting your double bubble problem with your consultation.

Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Best result with a full abdominoplasty

+1

If you are expecting your abdomen to be flat then you will be disappointed with a mini-abdominoplasty.   A regular full abdominoplasty does require a larger scar but will give you a better overall result.  As far as your breasts, your nipple width is large and you may consider a breast lift instead of using larger implants.  Larger implant will only make this look worse.  

Do I Need a Mini or Full Tummy Tuck??

+1

Mini-tummy tucks work well in a small percentage of patients consulting about abdominal rejuvenation. Most patients, including you, have problems both below and above the navel. 

If there is a small amount of overhanging loose skin over a c-section or hysterectomy scar in a thin patient with a strong abdominal wall, the mini-TT works well.

From your photo, there appears to be loose skin above the navel, an laxity of the abdominal wall above the navel. These would not be improved with a mini-TT, and the imbalance might look worse than the current appearance. 

You could easily tolerate 75 cc more in the breasts, and the double bubble could be addressed at the time.

Thanks for the question and the attached photos.

Full tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck?

+1

A full tummy tuck would clearly give you a better result, as it would give a more complete correction of your skin and muscle laxity.  Breast implant revision could be performed at the same time.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon