Age 26, 2 kids considering a Mommy Makeover: Mini or Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I'm 26 with 2 kids and am considering a mommy makeover as I'm done having children. I'm trying to determine if I would need a full or a mini tummy tuck. And if liposuction would enhance my results. Thanks so much!

What kind of tuck?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  Your photos suggest a mini-tuck or some variation of such will be satisfactory for you.  Consider a belly button float so you won't have scars around your belly button as those can be quite ugly.  I cannot remove all of your stretch marks as Dr. Hughes suggests you can and if any says they can, I would suggest you get it in writing and know what their revision policy is.

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

A minitummy tuck would help improve the skin laxity in the lower abdomen.  However, a short scar tummy tuck could be performed that would have the same length scar and remove twice as much skin including the stretchmarks present.  Either of these operations would be appropriate.  I usually combine liposuction of the flanks and/or back with tummy tuck to optimize results.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck is the best method for removing stretch marks and sagging skin of the abdomen

+1

Greetings, first of all I must clarify that a photography  never replace a good physical exam, but as far as I can appreciate and according  with the described  patient background , the patient  from Photo  is an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck. The tummy tuck can provide excellent results as long as the patient accepts the inevitable scar.
This patient has sagging abdominal skin and infraumbilical stretch marks which can be  eliminated by means of a  tummy tuck, this procedure also allows to  strengthen  the abdominal muscles achieving a flat stomach.
Liposculpture is a supplement procedure  indicated for greater definition of the waist, and buttocks and thus a more curvy  and  attractive figure.
I understand that with the mini-tummy tuck results would not be optimal, not completely eliminating stretch marks or sagging skin, and also leaves a scar.

I recommend an interview with a qualified plastic surgeon to make a good physical exam and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each procedure and choose the one that best suits their desires and expectation.

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello 26 with 2 kids. Thank you for the questions. You are a thin woman with the normal changes after having children. A mini tummy tuck would address the issues of the slight excess skin and the laxity of your lower abdomen up to your belly button. However, if you want to have your muscles tightened from the upper abdomen as well you will need a full tummy tuck. One option would be to free float your bellybutton since it is higher up on your abdomen. This will allow you to have a full tummy tuck and not have a veritical scar as you do not have an excessive amount of skin to remove. Liposuction of the lateral areas and flanks will give you a much better contour and the results that I think you are looking for in your procedure.

Best of Luck.

Arturo H. Armenta, MD

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question. It is a bit difficult to answer with one photo and not being able to do a full exam. The answer also depends on your ultimate goal and acceptance of scars.

That being said, it does appear that you could get by with liposuction and tightening the muscles a bit, but usually lesser procedures give lesser results.

Find a reputable plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns in person and be open and honest of your goals and outcomes.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon