Do I need I mini facelift? (photo)

iam 41 , i lost 10kgs. my nasolabeal wrinkles are big and also the ones between my eyebrows. I went to a doc and said i dont need a mini facelift bc my problema is my skin elasticity and would not last long, so they suggest fillers. Is that true or docs want us to use fillers bc finally are more profitable for them?

Addressing Skin Laxity after Weight Loss

+1
While I would need to examine you in person, from what I can see in your photos, the skin laxity caused by your weight loss would be best addressed through a surgical facelift procedure. At 41, your skin is still supple and you should heal well. Furthermore, because collagen production at 41 is still producing a tightening effect, your results should be long lasting. After you've recovered from the surgery, you should not need fillers, but if the creases between your eyebrows (not pictured in the photos) are still pronounced, I would suggest Botox injections. Finally, in response to your last question, reputable, board certified plastic surgeons have a professional obligation to recommend the treatment that will derive the best results at the least risk, not the treatment that is most profitable. That is the policy I follow and endorse.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Do I need I mini facelift?

+1
Dear coco thank you for your question. A mini facelift can improve the jawline and neck , and in some cases the cheeks. Our La Jolla Lift procedure is performed with gentle twilight sedation. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see what your best option is. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a minilift?

+1
With your deep nasolabial folds, a minilift may not be enough. There are other procedures that may be more useful. Fillers are always an option.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

To achieve natural looking results we must address the three components of facial aging

+1
There are three components of facial aging including loose skin, skin texture changes, and volume loss.If we simply address the underlying support structure without correcting your skin quality or volume you may develop an unnatural appearance. This was the problem with the old-school traditional facelifts. We now know in order to achieve the most natural looking facial rejuvenation all three of these components need to be addressed.
Based solely on your images, you may be a candidate for laser resurfacing (C02), Ultherapy and dermal filler or fat transfer. I do not see obvious jowling at this time that would indicate the need for a facelift. C02 laser resurfacing can take years off by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin as well as reducing the appearance of age spots. Ultherapy is an FDA approved treatment using focused ultrasound that gradually tightens, tones and lifts your skin over a period of 3-6 months. Dermal fillers and fat transfers can assist in filling in your unwanted nasolabial folds. When used in the midface region, dermal fillers/fat transfer can provide structure and support to lift your cheeks to its original position further decreasing NLF.
With so many options available, I recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Once in office, your surgeon will be able to evaluate your anatomy, discuss your goals and design a customized treatment plan that is unique to your needs.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift will not help Nasolabial Fold / Smile Lines

+1
Hello, If your main concern is the deep nasolabial folds then a Mini Lift will not be of help to you. These are better treated with injectable fillers and / or fat injections to improve the volume loss in your cheeks. If the looseness of your facial skin is a concern then a Mini Lift would help. Proceed cautiously though - based on your pictures your surgical needs are rather limited and you do not want to end up looking "stretched" or strange. Botox is best for the wrinkles between your eyebrows. Take care, Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

Do I need I mini facelift?

+1
Basically, you are a candidate for either.  A mini-facelift with fillers would be very beneficial for you.  See the link below for someone who had both the minilift and fillers  

Ultherapy for a mini face lift in Los Angeles

+1

Ultherapy is an excellent option for men.  A combination of Ultherapy and facial fillers will provide an improvement in the face. Our office specializes in non surgical face lifts and mini lifts.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Facelift

+1

Based on the limited pictures and history and based on your desired results, you will benefit fro a mini- facelift and fat transfer.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshreih@msn.com