7 Weeks Post Mini Face and Neck Lift: When Will Jawline Bruising Go Away?

I have some isolated bruising (looks like a line from the lower part of my ear to my jawline) on one side of my face (7 weeks post op) how long before this goes away. Also I had disolvable stitches put in that are all now poking through my eyelids. quite irritating how long before they go away. thanks for your help L

Bruising following a facelift and dissolvable eyelid sutures

+3

Bruising following face lifting is highly variable but based on the photos of your left cheek, it looks like there might have been an accumulation of blood under the skin that was lifted up, called a minor hematoma.  Eventually this will resolve as I have never seen bruising be permanent from face lifting, but it may take a while for the hematoma to completely resolve.  I would contact your surgeon regarding the eyelid sutures, as most dissolvable sutures used in eyelid surgery would be gone by now.

Springfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after mini-facelifts

+3

Everybody heals and recovers differently.  It may take a few months or so for the bruising to resolve.  Supllements like bromelain and arnica montana can sometimes speed the process.  I use these regularly in my practice.  With regard to your eyelid sutures, I would have expected these to dissolve a long time ago.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Bruising following facelift

+2
It is common for bruising after facelift surgery this usually dissipates before the seven week post operative phase. However you seem to have an accumulation of blood under the skin and have a small minor hematoma and this may take longer to completely resolve itself. I would suggest going to your surgeon and discussing options for maximizing your healing. Hyperbaric oxygen, compresses, arnica tablets and/or topical gel, bromelain may be of help in this process. As far as the sutures in your eyelids I would also discuss this with your surgeon immediately. I have not had any experience in my practice with this complication. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Bruises after Minilift

+2

The brusing should be gone 7 weeks after a Mini Face Lift or Minimum Incision Face Lift.  The photos indicate what might represent liposuction tracks uner the skin from fat removal.  The eyelid dissolvable stitches should be gone after a few weeks, so not sure why they are still there at this time.

Always followup with your doc after surgery.

+1
your doc will advise you best as he/she know exactly what was done. Deep bruising can take a month or longer to go away and sutures that start poking can be removed easily. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Follow up with your Surgeon is important

+1

From the picture you posted it looks that their is some fullness at the junction between your ear lobe and jaw. This could be one of three things:

1. a hematoma or small accumulation of blood which should resolve but needs to be seen by your surgeon

2. bunched up fat from where the underlying tissues were pulled up. At some point this fat will "die off" but it may take several weeks to months to do so

3. your natural anatomy - you may have had a fullness in this area of your parotid gland to begin with and now that everything else is so tight it is more noticeable.

Eye sutures should be gone by now - another reason to go see your surgeon.

Take care,

Dr. Jafri

Kamran Jafri, MD