Mini Facelift 40? (photo)

Hi there, I always had a chubby face growing up, and I have used fillers and whatnot which has kept my jowls at bay - but they seem to know be falling down on my face. I have used fillers, probably more than I need, so I gave stopped. I think I need a mini facelift but am worried I am going to look weird. I probably could have gotten a facelift a long time ago my jowls have always bothered me - and looking at my mom it is def. herditary! will a mini facelift or smas facelift look good?

Mini facelift vs. Ulthera for facial rejuvenation - Los Angeles

+1

A short scar mini facelift or Ulthera will enhance the neckline and face in your case. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Minifacelift at 40

+1

Minifacelift at 40 appears appropriate in your case.  I think that there are many definitions of minifacelift.  I think that no matter what you call it, the technique must improve the jowls to the extent possible.  I typically make a short scar for the this in most patients that does not extend into the hairline.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mini-Facelift at 40?

+1

Hi and thanks for the photos.  You do appear to be a good candidate for a mini-facelift.  While there is great variability in what different surgeons call a mini-facelift, in my hands this operation is very reliable and does not make anyone look weird.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs full face lift

+1

Although each cosmetic surgeon's definition of what constitutes a "mini" vs "full" or "total" face lift can differ, in general a mini face lift will address loose/sagging skin over the cheeks,   and to a lesser extent over the jowls and jaw line.  A mini face lift will usually not address loose or sagging skin in the neck.  A full face lift usually will address all of these areas.  From your photos, it appears your neck skin tone is reasonably good and therefore you may be a candidate for a mini lift alone.  To properly determine which procedure is in your best interest, I suggest you seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Don't Limit Yourself to a "Mini" Lift

+1

While you may be a candidate for a so-called "mini" facelift, not all patients are.  As one develops an increasing amount of excess tissue in the face, jowl, and neck region, it is less likely a limited lift will be adequate (or hold up for an acceptable period of time).  However, the spectrum of techniques from "mini" to "deep plane" allows the qualified facial plastic/cosmetic surgeon to tailor the right technique for your face.  While the photos you submitted are limited, you appear to be a good facelift candidate and should be happy with a variety of techniques that are available.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift 40?

+1

Aesthetically speaking these photos do not really show the amount of jowling which may be a result of being filled in with fillers.  A minimal incision Face Lift can tighten the SMAS and jowls while removing excess facial fat and skin.  You should have a consultation with a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  

A mini-facelift of today was the maxi-facelift of 2 decades ago. Mini or maxi, best to discuss with your doctor

+1

There are many definitions of what a mini-facelift is. For some it's a shorter incision, for other doctors its less work on the muscle called the SMAS. The technique depends more on the doctor's skill and your anatomy. For a patient in their early 40's, you often don't need the same deep plane facelift that someone in their 50's or above might need. Most of these procedures address your jowls.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Facelift for jowls

+1

One of the areas that benefits the most from a facelift are the jowls. Sometimes a corner lip lift can make down turned corners of the mouth look more youthful. It would be best to have an in person examination. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift at Age 40?

+1

I'm sorry, but it is impossible to answer your question about a facelift or mini facelift without a complete set of pictures. My website has recommendations for pictures to evaluate a  with patient for facial rejuvenation. Even better, schedule a consultation to discuss your alternatives.

Mini facelift

+1

Mini facelift in the hands of a board certified plastic surgeon will be a SMAS face lift which does not include the neck.

The Bran names types of face lift may not include a SMAS face lift because they were introduced to those practitioners who do not know how to do a proper face lift.