Mini Face Lift and Eyebrow Lift With Soft Spot On Back of My Head?

I have a soft spot on the back of my head since birth I am 55 I was thinking about a mini facelift and eyebrow lift done under local would it be safe with the soft spot on the back of my head.

Soft Spot on Head and Safety with Brow Lift

+1

The facelift presents no issue, but a coronal brow lift, depending on the extent of posterior undermining, if any, as well as scar placement may be an issue depending upon your anatomy.   This should not be a problem either but inform your plastic surgeon.  Local would not be a pleasant option for a browlift, facelift combination.

Mini facelift and brow lift with soft spot on back of head

+1

The soft spot on the back of the head has no effect on performing facial cosmetic surgery.  It is best to have these procedures done under a general anesthesia for patient safety and comfort reasons.   This is too much surgery to be performed as a local procedure.

Mini-Facelift

+1

Even if you have a thin area of your skull from birth, with proper positioning and padding, a facelift, whether done under local or general anesthesia, should be no problem and safe. I would caution you to be very careful in selecting the surgeon for your procedure. There are many minimally trained surgeons out there doing "mini-facelifts" because they do not know how to do anything else, even if you need it. Many also tout local anesthesia since they do not have privileges to do any other kind, and many of the facilities they use are not certified to be safe. Make sure that your surgeon can do whatever type of facelift you need using all types of anesthesia and that the mini-facelift is being done because it is what you need. Also make sure the facility is fully certified

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a facelift even if I have a soft spot in the back of my head?

+1

I'm not exactly certain what you mean by a soft spot although if it has been since birth it's possible that your posterior fontanelle never completely closed which can create a soft spot. Regardless, with proper positioning it shouldn't be a problem protecting the soft spot and keeping the head comfortable. Remember, if your are having a procedure done under local anesthetic it is imperative that you be comfortable. Make sure that the surgeon is aware of this and properly works it up.

Facelift

+1

It sounds like the soft spot could be a lipoma and an in person exam could confirm that.  Most facelifts do not involve surgery at the location where you have the soft spot,most you should be able to have the surgery done without invovling that area.  Good luck!

Cranial soft spot

+1

This should no be a problem provided your anesthesiologist knows in advance. (There will be an anesthesiologist, I hope!). I am unsure about what you mean by a 'mini' facelift. Minimal nips and tucks have little or no long lasting benefit, but this is another issue. Stick with Board Certified plastic surgeons and good luck!

+1

This shouldn't be a problem. During your consultation and examination, it can be determined exactly what can be done to protect the back of your head. We have many options in terms of positioning and headrests that should prevent any problems during or after surgery but an examination would be required to say for sure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minifacelift and browlift safety with soft spot in skull

+1

I presume your soft spot is a hole or weakness in the top of your skull. If so, with an appropriate surgical plan, you absolutely can undergo a browlift and facelift safely. Make sure to tell your surgeon about the spot so he is aware at your consultation.

Mike Nayak

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon