Considering mini brow lift with hairline lowering (photo)

I would like to eliminate the need for botox & I have always hated my high forehead. I dont want to raise my eyebrows too much because I feel like they are already high. Any suggestions based on my pictures? Also what is the usual cost for both procedures?

Hairline Advancement (Reverse Browlift)

+2
In the classic description of the reverse brow lift, the brows are not lifted.  This is accomplished by lifting tissue backwards into the scalp, advancing the scalp hair and removing some of the forehead skin.  So, your hairline is moved down and your brows should not come up at all.  I think this is the right operation for you since your brows are on the high side.  Just a couple caveats:
  • the scar at the hairline should disappear over time but will be visible for the first couple months, so you might need to wear bangs for a while
  • while not usually necessary, a follow up hair transplant is sometimes necessary to blend the temporal hair with the advanced hair.  Make sure the surgeon draws where the new hairline will be after the surgery so you know what to expect.  
  • this surgery will not effect brow height nor will it decrease forehead wrinkles
  • if you wanted the brows lifted with this operation, it can be done at the same time by lifting both backwards and forwards with brow release.  Again, I wouldn't recommend this for you.
  • Cost is a little under $5000 including the cost of anesthesia and use of our AAAASF facility.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty candidate

+2
Dear Tammym,
I personally would suggest continuing botox or dysport to help with the lines and relaxing the brow. An upper lid blepharoplasty would help with the crease and excess skin in the upper eyelids. I do the majority of my brow lifts endoscopically which does not really alter the hairline elevation however you are not really a brow lift candidate.  I am not a big fan of many hairline lowering procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Considering mini brow lift with hairline lowering

+2
The hairline can certainly be lowered without raising the the brows.

Los Angeles, California

Mini Brow Lift and Hairline Lowering

+2
In the one picture you submitted I don't think you need a brow lift but your hairline can be lowered to improve facial proportions using the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described many years ago.

Hairline and brows

+2
If you have adequate scalp laxity, a routine one stage hairline lowering procedure could work nicely for you. The operation does not raise the brows unless it is modified to do so. You do not appear to be in need of a brow lift.  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

High hairline

+1

It is true that you do not want to raise the brows as they may bit a bit high already.  The hairline can be lowered a 1/2 inch or maybe more with a procedure that places the incision at the hairline, advances hair-bearing scalp forward to allow for excision of non-hear-bearing scalp skin, then is cut so as to encourage hair to grow through (and hence, camouflage) the scar at the hairline.  Regarding cost, it would depend on your location and the surgeon who performs the procedure.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift with hairline lowering.

+1
Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift with hairline lowering is an operation we invented 35 years ago to raise the brows(u may not need this) after Botox wears  off and lower your hairline. The hair roots grow thru not behind the scar. I need to see this to determine if you have enough mobility of your scalp to see how far it can be lowered. 

+1

No sure I follow? You had a brow lift with the blepharoplasty?? WHY??? You seem to have had a long forehead dimension. A brow lift would only increase the dimension. Not you desire a "reverse forehead" lift.. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions..///