Mini breast lift with saline vs. full breast lift with silicon?

I have been to 2 very experienced surgeons for breast lift/augmentation. Dr. A states I need full lift with a little breast reduction in one breast and then silicon implants. The second Dr. is against taking the tissue out to even the breast size and going for Saline instead with a donot mini lift. He feels going with Saline is best since my right breast is bigger than my left. To give you an idea my right breast is 25 cm and left breast 24 cm from that neck measurement part.

+3

Without pictures it it hard to say for sure, but my preference is usually doing a full lift if required. I see a lot of patients that are unhappy with previous donut lifts. Also, silicone implants will feel a lot more natural than saline implants.

Breast asymmetry

+2

Thanks for your question. I prefer silicone gel implants as they look and feel more natural than saline. Although differing size implants can be placed, it is also possible to perform a reduction on one side to improve symmetry. Sounds like you should check back in with your PS.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augment

+2

I am always more aggresive when it comes to lifting and I feel without seeing your pictures I would likely offer a full lift. I find patients are just not satisfied with mini lifts, even though the scar is less, the price is not and the recover is not but the results are

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Avoid vertical scar breast lift

+1
Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or told us your bra size. There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift, which will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Using this technique, it is possible to avoid an implant because the areola and breast tissue are aligned over the bony prominence of the chest wall to maximize anterior projection. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. If you are dissatisfied with your size, implants can be placed simultaneously, later or fat can be injected. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

The type of implant you chose doesn't determine the amount of lift needed. The size of the implant will have more influence. I prefer silicone implants because they are softer and feel more like a breast. A small amount of breast tissue can be removed from one side to correct asymmetry if needed. Based on the measurements you gave, it sounds like a full lift may be your best option, but this is difficult to say with confidence without photos or an exam. Best of luck for a great outcome.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Lifts with tissue removal and implant not a good idea

+1

Thank you for your question. In general silicone implants feel much more natural than saline. Asymmetry of the breasts can be addressed using implant sizers during surgery. Assymetry is not a good reason to place saline. My experience with mini lifts are that you will get mini results. Doing it right the first time is more important and less costly in the long term. Finally donut lifts, which is what you have described, are difficult to do well and thus far I haven't felt positive about the long term results. Finally, seeing your pictures will be helpful but is not a substitute for a thorough physical exam. Good luck.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Avoid Saline implanrts and "doughnut lifts" at all cost. Best results obtained w subfascial placement of an appropriate implant

+1

In general it is a VERY bad decision to remove tissue and put in an implant. I would avoid such a plan at all cost. doughnut lifts are generally a very bad decision as well. At times a lift can be avoided by lowering the inframammary fold and using an appropriately sized and shaped implant. Saline implants should be avoided at all cost. In my practice I use exclusively form stable anatomically shaped highly cohesive "gummy bear" implants and use what I call the Cold-Subfascial Planetm to achieve a beautifully natural appearing breast with support to endure. Photos at minimum would be required to discern whether or not you need a lift. I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD