Mini Arm Lift, Lipo, Breast Lift and Augmentation?

I am having a mini arm lift, lipo, breast lift and augmentation next month. Will I be able to lift my 30 pound child 5 weeks post-op?

Healing times vary but most allow full activity after 6 weeks

+1

With uneventful recovery, by five weeks and certainly by 6 weeks you should be back to full activity without restrictions including lifting your child.

+1

As always, a specific question like this will best be asked of your surgeon, who will have done your procedure, and followed your recovery. By six weeks, wound strength has reached 90% of it ultimate maximum, and that is often the threshold for full resumption of activities. 

I think most surgeons would not restrict picking up a 30 pounder at 5 weeks provided your incisions are healing normally. All the best. 

Lifting children after Breast and Arm surgery

+1

Hi there-

The actual timeline is going to vary for the individual patient according to the details of your surgery, your individual recovery, and your surgeon's preferences and level of comfort with your recovery, but I would say that after 5 weeks, it is likely that you will be able to hold your child.

Your best bet is to discuss this with your surgeon and follow his advice, as he is the one who is going to be managing your care and will have a much better understanding of the details of your surgery.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Lifting after Mini Arm Lift, Lipo, Breast Lift with Augmentation.

+1

Every patient is different, and each surgeon may have a different procedure or technique.  You are having multiple procedures done.  The procedures you describe are upper body, and the wounds are by definition on tension.  It is best if you have help around you with the child.  At five weeks, you should be OK.  I would still try not to "dead lift" the child out of the playpen, but use leverage to get him where you need.  This is if all goes according to plan.  Best to have people in mind who can help.  Please tell your board certified plastic surgeon your concerns.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Strenuous Activity After Breast Lift, Liposuction, Arm Lift, and Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello. While you are having a large amount of work done at one time, patients are normally able to resume light aerobic exercise after three weeks and heavy lifting within five weeks. If your recovery proceeds as planned you should be able to lift your child after five weeks.

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Lift Specialist

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD